Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I use particle system for this scare?
DarkSnowman Offline

Threads: 3
Wink  How do I use particle system for this scare?

Ok I am working on my custom story and I need someone to help me figure out how to create banging on a particular door (like someone banging a door very hard) and I know you have to use particles to do it but I have no idea how. Can someone tell me how?
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 12:32 AM by DarkSnowman.)
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: How do I use particle system for this scare?

Im not sure this is what you mean, but you can SetPropHealth("door", 0.5f); and that would bang the door pretty hard (might break it a bit)

12-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Set a script area near the door the the player will walk into the activate the script and name it "bangarea". Go into the script and try this (fill in capitalizations with your own info):

//________________________________

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "bangarea", "bang_func", true, 1);
}

void bang_func(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
StartPlayerLookAt("DOORNAME", 10, 10, ""); //This makes the player turn to the banging door
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "BANGINGSOUND.snt", "DOORNAME", 0, false); //The sound of the thuds. Find which one you like best.
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_mansionbase_wall.ps", "DOORNAME", true); //The debris off the door. You can change the .ps if you don't like this one.
AddTimer("", YOURTIME+f, "lookawayfromdoor"); //This timer leads to the "look away" script to stop looking at the door and giving player control.
}

void lookawayfromdoor(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

//_________________________________

Remember, in the timer, to put the amount of seconds you want to stay looking at the door. an example of this would be: 1 or 1.2f, understand?
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 12:26 AM by Statyk.)
12-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Find
DarkSnowman Offline

Threads: 3

(12-05-2011, 12:25 AM)Statyk Wrote: Set a script area near the door the the player will walk into the activate the script and name it "bangarea". Go into the script and try this (fill in capitalizations with your own info):

//________________________________

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "bangarea", "bang_func", true, 1);
}

void bang_func(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
StartPlayerLookAt("DOORNAME", 10, 10, ""); //This makes the player turn to the banging door
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "BANGINGSOUND.snt", "DOORNAME", 0, false); //The sound of the thuds. Find which one you like best.
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_mansionbase_wall.ps", "DOORNAME", true); //The debris off the door. You can change the .ps if you don't like this one.
AddTimer("", YOURTIME+f, "lookawayfromdoor"); //This timer leads to the "look away" script to stop looking at the door and giving player control.
}

void lookawayfromdoor(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

//_________________________________

Remember, in the timer, to put the amount of seconds you want to stay looking at the door. an example of this would be: 1 or 1.2f, understand?
Perfect Big Grin this is just what I was looking for! Thanks for the help~!

12-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

No Problem brah =] lol Glad to help
12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Find