Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the file address of static objects in map to a new one
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
Exclamation  Changing the file address of static objects in map to a new one

Ok now I want to know is there a way to change where the map sees that static object, ect. to a new path.

Ive been working on my custom story for quite sometime. But in the bigining of the process, all the custom stuff I have placed in the maps, are rooted to "amnesia/static_objects/white_night" I want to know is it possible to tell the map to look in this address "custom_stories/The Hands Resist Him/static_objects/white_night"

When ever I edit the .map file as a text document, I try and change the address for each custom object there in the map, and then I save the new map file. I then remove the original address that was there in the first place, with accepting the new one I assigned. The problem is that, they dissapear, there not in the map. I realy want to do it this becouse I want to turn it into a total conversion. I cant do that with static objects and textures hanging around outside of the The Hands Resist Him folder. Can anybody help me?
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011, 02:34 AM by jssjr90.)
12-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Changing the file address of static objects in map to a new one

Where do they disappear from, the level editor or the game?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Website Find
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: Changing the file address of static objects in map to a new one

Both, as I went back into the level editor it says it cant find the....hmm something just pondered in my head. Ok I go into the .map file as text document, change all of the addresses of where I want that object or primitive to be in the new address I want. I then go back and delete the old stuff that was stored in the folders. I go back into the editor and re import all the stuff of where the new stuff is. Its kind of hard to explain yes but im going to give this a try. Allways back up your custom story before toying with it.
Ehh that does not work. Well thred closed.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011, 02:23 AM by jssjr90.)
12-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Find