Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor blackbox crash
LagerShan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Level editor blackbox crash

(12-28-2018, 11:54 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Hmm, perhaps permissions are a problem. Can you try running the level editor as an administrator?

Perhaps also try creating a new text file called LevelEditor.log (mind the default hidden extensions on Windows). It seems to fail creating the log file so it can't write to it.

Hm, I've got an Antivirus active (BitDefender), do you think it may not allow me to use it without permissons or something? Not sure how to check on that, also I have created that log inside the HPL folder and when the editor crashes, it doesn't put any text inside of it.
12-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Find
LagerShan Offline

Threads: 2

I managed to fix it actually, I went in my Antivirus software and there was an option that protected my Documents folder, so I removed the option to protect it and now it doesn't crash anymore and the thumbnails appear in the level.
Thanks for all the help Mudbill and Rom and having the time to comment and help me out.
12-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Good to know the solution, so we can suggest it for anyone else who might have similar problems Big Grin

Admittedly, Antivirus is probably something we should have suggested earlier...

12-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Ah its usually AntiVirus or Read/Write permission errors when it comes to the Level Editor (and by extension, a lot of other applications) not posting in the Documents folder. Glad you managed to find it in the end, and as Mud said, we'll keep this in note for future. Cheers Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-30-2018, 03:39 AM
Find
roundcubeseven Offline

Threads: 0

When I try to open the Level Editor in the redist folder it gives me a BlackBox with an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
I'm not sure how to deal wiith this. shareit app [url=https://get-vidmateapk.com/][/url]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 01:40 PM by roundcubeseven.)
09-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Find