Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]

Well folks, we've finally finished it!

Scroobs Castle the remake. With more of a storyline, much better mapping and so much more to do!

Screenshots!
Spoiler below!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2279]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2280]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2281]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2283]

The storyline is originally my idea, but with flamez3 we expanded it and made it so much better. We hope you enjoy the CS and please post your reaction videos when you can! We love laughing at other people getting scared!

Enjoy!

Flamez3 and gamemakingdude.

Story Description: You awake in an wierd room, with an splitting headache. You can't remember who you are, where you are or why you here... Can you survive the horror's that Scroob's castle holds?

Download: Scroob Castle Download

ONCE IN THE HUB GO TO LIBRARY FOR INSTRUCTIONS!

YOU NEED JUSTINE DLC but we have included some of the missing stuff but for full experience please get justine dlc.

Beer Plays (find other parts on his channel.)

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM by Gamemakingdude.)
12-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]

Here it is :3

12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Find
downquark Offline

Threads: 0

This was lots of fun until I got stuck in the garden.
Spoiler below!
20 or 30 min of my life wasted, and I had 3 out of 4 parts required for the machine. :( I wanted to check out a texture glitch and got glued to a nearby pine tree:

[Image: 04-1.jpg]
Also, the grunt that spawns after you pick up the cogwheel started randomly humping a door frame after I ran away from him:

[Image: 03-1.jpg]
Strategically placed Laudanum bottles in the Hub were weird. Oh, and the floating furniture in the Library! That was freaky.

The map was interesting and I enjoyed the ambiance. Maybe I'll replay it some other time.
12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry man, Didn't know you could get stuck by jumping on trees o.o. Thanks for the feedback. It took you 20-30 mins to get there?

12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay my feedback:

Spoiler below!
First of all I liked mapping and the hub, remind me of Original Amnesia Campaign map.

Okay I picked three items and only one missing and I go back to the cellar after visiting there once, I can't anymore open that "Machine room door" It's locked again and can't open even using crowbar again.

So fix this because you can only once open that door and get the machine working there is turning back when you got this far. Just letting you know Smile I figured later and started over and collect all the items and got machine working. Last maps was very interesting and these White night walls, textures very nice to use them too.

Overall really enjoyable map and really scary especially that "long hallway when lights turned off and that penumbra monster spawns" I scared shitless there Big Grin

Well done guys! I hope to see more projects your two soon Smile

Rating: 7/10 Smile Very good!

“Life is a game, play it”
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Thanks for the feed back we will fix that asap.

Stephanos house
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks alot! That's really good to hear. I appreciate you taking the time. We'll fix that error as soon as we can.

12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

UPDATED ZIP

Fixed the stuck in trees and the door being closed in the cellar after leaving.

Stephanos house
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Find
downquark Offline

Threads: 0

(12-11-2011, 04:15 PM)flamez3 Wrote: Sorry man, Didn't know you could get stuck by jumping on trees o.o. Thanks for the feedback. It took you 20-30 mins to get there?

I didn't even jump, I just walked up to it. :(
Yes, it felt like it did. I think I started around 2:30 and got glued to the tree around 3.

I had time to replay this today and the whole thing took me 45 min. Some of the prison parts were seriously disturbing, guys. :)
Spoiler below!
The floor texture was missing in the corridor with babies stuck to the walls, though.

BTW, I am not sure I finished the game. I picked up the key and touched the rod/needle that was next it, which unexpectedly infected me and rolled the credits. Now I am not sure if I could progress further or not. Maybe it would be a good idea to put a warning on the rod/needle if you aren't supposed to touch it.

Seriously cool map.
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

(12-11-2011, 06:32 PM)downquark Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 04:15 PM)flamez3 Wrote: Sorry man, Didn't know you could get stuck by jumping on trees o.o. Thanks for the feedback. It took you 20-30 mins to get there?

I didn't even jump, I just walked up to it. Sad
Yes, it felt like it did. I think I started around 2:30 and got glued to the tree around 3.

I had time to replay this today and the whole thing took me 45 min. Some of the prison parts were seriously disturbing, guys. Smile
Spoiler below!
The floor texture was missing in the corridor with babies stuck to the walls, though.

BTW, I am not sure I finished the game. I picked up the key and touched the rod/needle that was next it, which unexpectedly infected me and rolled the credits. Now I am not sure if I could progress further or not. Maybe it would be a good idea to put a warning on the rod/needle if you aren't supposed to touch it.

Seriously cool map.
The spoiler below contains major spoilers!
Spoiler below!

If you listened to the tape, it was telling you something. An major twist and it would tell you that the key was to used to live and the needle was to kill yourself.

Will fix the missing floor texture. Its included, we aren't sure what is the missing floor texture.

Stephanos house
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM by Gamemakingdude.)
12-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Find