Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Broken English to Good English Help Thread
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
Broken English to Good English Help Thread

I have noticed a lot of custom story/potential custom story creators are not native English speakers - this is fine! Though one thing that can come into a problem with that is their worded content in the custom story is not very, well, refined.

I thought a thread like this might help those who want to make their notes not sound too broken and help make it easier for the player to understand the real meaning behind the story/individual notes and such.

Simply post the bit of text you would like properly grammarified/typo-checked in a spoiler tag.

Which looks like [spoiler]this[/spoiler]

Anyone can help give the text a good clean up if they are able, so all you Grammar-hounds out there feel free to help if you wish.

Sidenote: Have a wonderful day.

12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Broken English to Good English Help Thread

Big Grin Poor English really does take away from the mood. Hope people use this to good use.

12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(12-14-2011, 10:43 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: Anyone can help give the text a good clean up if they are able, so all you Grammar-hounds out there feel free to help if you wish.
I prefer the term, Grammar-Nazi. =] Haha, I don't even use text speech when I'm texting. I actually type normally, such as now. Hope this does get used because hey, I would help if someone needed it.
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(12-14-2011, 09:37 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 10:43 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: Anyone can help give the text a good clean up if they are able, so all you Grammar-hounds out there feel free to help if you wish.
I prefer the term, Grammar-Nazi. =] Haha, I don't even use text speech when I'm texting. I actually type normally, such as now. Hope this does get used because hey, I would help if someone needed it.
I do too - I feel weird when ppl typ lyk dis.

Like you get to know someone and they talk just fine but when you text them it gets rly fckin wrd.

12-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(12-14-2011, 09:41 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I do too - I feel weird when ppl typ lyk dis.

Like you get to know someone and they talk just fine but when you text them it gets rly fckin wrd.
One of my friends talks fine in person but when she texts me, I SWEAR, I feel the need to break out an egyptian decoder or something. It's HORRENDOUS.
12-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah... I'm a grammer-nazi too Wink

Pigeon english makes me laugh though, its cute. But in cases such as a CS of Amnesia then yes, not very appropriate.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Find