Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level doors// enemies
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23
Level doors// enemies

Hello again^^

2 questions again:

1st.: i created a second level. the level door works fine and its loading the new map without problems. but if i re-enter the first map i start on my first player-start-area. how can i set up a new playerstart area without problems?

2nd.: ive created 2 areas that triggers monsters. works fine. but as soon as they spawn the monsters try to walk the shortest way to the player: through the walls^^ shall i do pathnotes without showing them where the player is or how does it work?
another thing: my waterlurker is on the lowest stage in my cellar. but if i leave this area i can still hear him (and the panicsound). so do i have to make another area that becomes active when i picked up the item in the waterpart to make the waterthing inactive?

ty again
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2011, 03:48 PM by Quotentote.)
12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Level doors// enemies

(12-19-2011, 04:54 PM)Quotentote Wrote: Hello again^^

2 questions again:

1st.: i created a second level. the level door works fine and its loading the new map without problems. but if i re-enter the first map i start on my first player-start-area. how can i set up a new playerstart area without problems?

2nd.: ive created 2 areas that triggers monsters. works fine. but as soon as they spawn the monsters try to walk the shortest way to the player: through the walls^^ shall i do pathnotes without showing them where the player is or how does it work?
another thing: my waterlurker is on the lowest stage in my cellar. but if i leave this area i can still hear him (and the panicsound). so do i have to make another area that becomes active when i picked up the item in the waterpart to make the waterthing inactive?

ty again
Level door: In the level door settings. Up from the map file it will say "PlayerStartArea" (i think), go to the other map and put a playerstart area next to that door and then name the same playerstartarea.

Monsters: I think you will just have to use the pathnodes. And idk what to do with the water monster. ^^

12-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Find