Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom model problem
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
custom model problem

I'm doing a custom object. It falls and I can push it... but i can't grab it! I've copy all values from a grabable book of the original game, and i still lcan't grab it. i can't see whats wrong!

the model was reduced and moved in model editor itself because the original version was huge and i don't know how to reduce it in maya so that might be it... and the "center" of the model is strangely far away from the polygons themselfs... again i can not correct that myself due to my lack of expirence in maya.

if any one knows how to fix this... please help! this is vey important for my cs!

also... if its really needed i can send privately the model... IF THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! because the model is meant to be a surprise...

please help!
12-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: custom model problem

The objects can be sized down in Maya by going to "Window" > "Settings/Preferences" > "Settings" and changing from 'centimeters' to 'meters'... =P

As for the model being grabbable, you're making the 'user defined variables' set to "Object" and subtype "grab" correct?
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(12-21-2011, 12:36 AM)Statyk Wrote: The objects can be sized down in Maya by going to "Window" > "Settings/Preferences" > "Settings" and changing from 'centimeters' to 'meters'... =P

As for the model being grabbable, you're making the 'user defined variables' set to "Object" and subtype "grab" correct?
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it works now Big Grin haha thank you very much!
12-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(12-21-2011, 12:55 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 12:36 AM)Statyk Wrote: The objects can be sized down in Maya by going to "Window" > "Settings/Preferences" > "Settings" and changing from 'centimeters' to 'meters'... =P

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it works now Big Grin haha thank you very much!

XD No problem buddy! Good Luck!
12-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Find