Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Noob alert! How do I get the level editor?
AmeixKon Offline

Threads: 1
Noob alert! How do I get the level editor?

I'm just starting to learn how to create custom stories, and I'm just starting to get things set up, and I'm having some issues. Namely getting the level editor; what I mean is I get the zip file downloaded and I extract the files to the right folder, but after that I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. What do I do? Thanks for the help!

~Amei
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Noob alert! How do I get the level editor?

(12-21-2011, 01:34 PM)AmeixKon Wrote: I'm just starting to learn how to create custom stories, and I'm just starting to get things set up, and I'm having some issues. Namely getting the level editor; what I mean is I get the zip file downloaded and I extract the files to the right folder, but after that I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. What do I do? Thanks for the help!

~Amei
Where did you extract the files? And what version did you get of Amnesia; Retail or steam?

12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
AmeixKon Offline

(12-21-2011, 01:57 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 01:34 PM)AmeixKon Wrote: I'm just starting to learn how to create custom stories, and I'm just starting to get things set up, and I'm having some issues. Namely getting the level editor; what I mean is I get the zip file downloaded and I extract the files to the right folder, but after that I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. What do I do? Thanks for the help!

~Amei
Where did you extract the files? And what version did you get of Amnesia; Retail or steam?
I got the files off of the Frictional Games wiki and I have the Steam version.

12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(12-21-2011, 02:02 PM)AmeixKon Wrote:

~Amei
So did you put the files in the amnesia directory? If you did that then you should just be able to open it via leveleditor.exe in the amnesia directory.

12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Find
AmeixKon Offline

(12-21-2011, 02:25 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 02:02 PM)AmeixKon Wrote:

~Amei
So did you put the files in the amnesia directory? If you did that then you should just be able to open it via leveleditor.exe in the amnesia directory.
I followed the direction very carefully, and I think I did everything right. Now when I try to run the application named "LevelEditor" a system error pops up and says that the SDL.dll is missing from my computer. This obviously a problem with my computer, and not the program or the process. How do I fix this?

12-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-21-2011, 07:51 PM)AmeixKon Wrote: I followed the direction very carefully, and I think I did everything right. Now when I try to run the application named "LevelEditor" a system error pops up and says that the SDL.dll is missing from my computer. This obviously a problem with my computer, and not the program or the process. How do I fix this?

Unless you're truly missing the file, then it sounds like you didn't extract it at the right location. You sure you extracted the HPL Editor Suite at Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Website Find
AmeixKon Offline

(12-21-2011, 09:46 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 07:51 PM)AmeixKon Wrote: I followed the direction very carefully, and I think I did everything right. Now when I try to run the application named "LevelEditor" a system error pops up and says that the SDL.dll is missing from my computer. This obviously a problem with my computer, and not the program or the process. How do I fix this?

Unless you're truly missing the file, then it sounds like you didn't extract it at the right location. You sure you extracted the HPL Editor Suite at Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent?
I'm attaching a picture of where exactly I extracted the files to, everything is exactly where I was told to put it according to the directions on the Frictional Games wiki. Am I not extracting it correctly?

Attached Files
.png   Level Editor.png (Size: 128.88 KB / Downloads: 126)
12-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(12-21-2011, 09:56 PM)AmeixKon Wrote:

I'm attaching a picture of where exactly I extracted the files to, everything is exactly where I was told to put it according to the directions on the Frictional Games wiki. Am I not extracting it correctly?
Seems like your game isn't in that folder. You should find the executable and all files inside that folder. You might have it installed somewhere else. Search it

12-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Find
AmeixKon Offline

(12-21-2011, 10:31 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 09:56 PM)AmeixKon Wrote:

Seems like your game isn't in that folder. You should find the executable and all files inside that folder. You might have it installed somewhere else. Search it
Do you mean the actual Amnesia game?

12-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Find
AmeixKon Offline

Ok I figured it out, the level editor worked when I extracted the files to Program Files\steamgood\steamapps\common\amnesia...

Will I have any potential problems with the files being extracted to this folder instead?

12-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Find