Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PLEASE HELP!!] Map/Script Changes Not Applying (Weird Glitch...)
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: [PLEASE HELP!!] Map/Script Changes Not Applying (Weird Glitch...)

(12-24-2011, 03:57 PM)palistov Wrote: What exactly happens when you try and launch the map? Does Amnesia crash or does your map load up fine -- but the script itself won't work. Details like this can help us locate your script errors.

My map works fine. The script too. The problem is if I ADD or REMOVE a script function or add something to the map like a rock (or an script area etc.), it doesn't change.

What I mean is, if I added a script to let's say give me a key on spawn. Ok I save the .hps file, and replace the old .hps file with this one, since it has a new script... But Amnesia doesn't register it as a new hps file, hence it somehow uses the old .hps file. (it's really hard to explain it right, it probably doesn't make sense right now -___-)

Quote:I know you said you have "ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving" False, but you could try deleting your cache files manually, I have to do this sometimes. Just open your map folder and delete all the cache files, hopefully it will fix your problem, I can't see anything wrong withh your script file...
Your talking about the .map_cache things right?

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2011, 12:16 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
12-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Yeah I was talking about the .map_cache files in your map folde. If that doesn't work I've had another - more likely idea. It might be to do with your permissions on your computer. Your custom story's folder might be in a "read only" folder. To fix this (if you're admin) try opening "properties" on the custom_story folder, then go to the security tab and give yourself permission to read and write. I can't guarentee it will work, but usually when I get these strange problems with my computer it is to do with that. Smile

12-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Hm, I think I may have fixed it, but not sure...

Changes are showing now... but it's on a different map. Gotta test out changes on the map that was giving me problems.
12-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Find