Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Rope help
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16
Rope help

Hey, i'm trying to make the male ragdoll be restrained with chains but i don't how to do it. Can i connect the posnode to the mans hand or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

edit: This used to be about block boxes but i figured it out so i change it instead of doing a new thread Wink

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 03:37 AM by Measuring.)
12-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Block_box

I am not entirely sure on the specific workings of the rag-doll entity (if it is set up as a standard prop the following should work though). The ropeNode should have "Start Body" and "End body" fields - which you will need to enter your ragdoll entity into one of (and your wall or block_box into the other). The original position of the pos-node relative to the body is used as the attach point. For example, if I had a coin and placed a rope connecting to the heads side, the rope would always try to be attached to the heads side. Note that the rope doesn't have collision detection as far as I am aware.

Answer To old question regarding what block_boxes do:
Spoiler below!

The normal version acts like an invisible wall. The variants are the same principle but with some different settings (E.g: Only blocks props and not the player, has mass (and can move) etc). If you want to check what the others do open them up in the model editor and click on the object - it should tell you the body properties.

If you edit your post to add a new question - would you kindly leave the original post quoted or in spoiler tags so that others with a similar problem, if searching, find the thread. Of course, if your problem is separate you are still encouraged to open a new topic.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM by Apjjm.)
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Find
Measuring Offline

RE: Rope help

I took 2 areas and used them in Startbody and end body. Then i just place them on the hand of the ragdoll and that works fine for now Smile Thanks

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM by Measuring.)
12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

RE: Rope help

I have the same question as the original author of this thread, and it involves replicating the collision with the chains at the end of the Storage map next to the room where you get the last two steam rods in the main campaign. I have followed it perfectly in the level editor: Script area, PosNode, and Invisible box areas as well. My script is as follows:

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScriptArea_1", "ScareSound", true, 1);
}

void ScareSound(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "scare_male_terrified.snt", "Player", 0, false);

for(int i=1;i<=2;i++)
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "AreaChain_1"+i, "CollideAreaChain", false, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("invisible_box_mass_2_"+i, "AreaChain_"+i, "CollideRopeEndwithAreaChain", false, 0);
}
}

The chains aren't appearing at all. My scripting is correct, but I don't know what's wrong. I've tried locating them in the level editor, but no luck there. If anyone knows where I can locate them (not Hanging_Chain) I will be very glad.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 04:56 AM by DanielRand47.)
09-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Find