Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Help Exporting a .dae correctly from Blender
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Help Exporting a .dae correctly from Blender

I did it once before, but I can't seem to get it to work this time... Keeps crashing every time I try to import the .dae into the ModelView editor.

Btw, can I export a .dae correctly and get it into Amensia. If the model is made from multiple primitives? I'm making a fence with snow, and its comprised of 6 Rectangles, and 1 Sphere. The model is complete, and I have textured it and it looks fine in Blender. But I'm trying to follow the wiki help, but I'm messing up somewhere and its annoying the heck out of me.
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...blender_25

As a side note; lazy way. Can someone just do it for me, I will supply the model /w completed textured maps. Just want someone to take care of this frustrating part >.<
If you can get to that part, I'll attach the mesh body and do the rest.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012, 03:19 AM by Rapture.)
01-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Help Exporting a .dae correctly from Blender

Using multiple primitives is possible and works. Normally, if you can import it into the model editor, it'll work in Amnesia. The model view has been buggy for me sometimes, so i don't really trust it as i do the model editor, and i wouldn't recommend it for testing to see if your mesh will work in Amnesia.

BTW, the "very basic" steps in the wiki have been updated for Blender 2.5. You should cross check what you've done with that.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I've gotten through all 12 steps, and tried opening it up in the Modelview and it still crashes. I can import it into the ModelEditor but the mesh is all distorted at weird porportions and has no texture.

I exported the .dae into my custom_stories >> Chronicles >> entities folder. It didn't "Blender will automatically copy all textures to the exported folder.", so I brought over my .dds/.png into the folder. I checked the .dae to make sure the names were correct.

Should I make a .mat, or is that generated when I open up the .dae and save as a .ent or something?
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 02:00 AM by Rapture.)
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The .mat file only gets automatically generated with the model viewer.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Website Find