Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom entity as Item?
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Custom entity as Item?

(01-05-2012, 03:32 AM)FreshKorruption Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 02:51 AM)Statyk Wrote: Play around with the "User Defined Variables".. Try different types and what not. You also need to give the item an image and name in the "UDV" at the bottom.
Still can't pick it up. Set the picture and the name.

For Statyk: How would you pronounce your name in case i ever do a LP on Sciophobia. Is it Stat-y-k or what o.0?
Static, I was told by bluefury ^^

01-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

"Static" =P I've always had that name since Xbox 1...

But it's kind of a pun now with the whole "map-making" thing. Haha, I'm glad you're interested in Sciophobia =] I am actually texturing the Candle Angel right now. Gonna be a while before I can get the game out though. I have a crapload of animations to do, more entities and monsters. O.e... Blegh.
01-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Find
FreshKorruption Offline

Threads: 27

(01-05-2012, 03:52 AM)Statyk Wrote: "Static" =P I've always had that name since Xbox 1...

But it's kind of a pun now with the whole "map-making" thing. Haha, I'm glad you're interested in Sciophobia =] I am actually texturing the Candle Angel right now. Gonna be a while before I can get the game out though. I have a crapload of animations to do, more entities and monsters. O.e... Blegh.
Yeah but hell, it's gonna be worth the wait :3

Custom Stories

-BrastaSauce

01-05-2012, 04:35 AM
Website Find
FreshKorruption Offline

(01-05-2012, 04:35 AM)FreshKorruption Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 03:52 AM)Statyk Wrote: "Static" =P I've always had that name since Xbox 1...

Yeah but hell, it's gonna be worth the wait :3
Any ideas? Still having trouble with it. Gave it a picture and name, but just can't pick it up. It is an item, it glows blue and has a hand on it indicating you can pick it up.

Custom Stories

-BrastaSauce

01-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I figured out why as I was testing my angel. I will set tabs:

- Type: Item... SubType: Puzzle
- Fill in image and SubName
- Make a body around the object (it should already have it)
- Pick the green body and pick the "Body" tab on the right
- Mass: 1..... Angular Damping: 1...... Linear Damping: 1..... Max Ang Speed: 5.... Max Linear Speed: 5

For some reason, adding that info allows for pick-up.
01-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Find
FreshKorruption Offline

(01-06-2012, 04:21 AM)Statyk Wrote: I figured out why as I was testing my angel. I will set tabs:

- Type: Item... SubType: Puzzle
- Fill in image and SubName
- Make a body around the object (it should already have it)
- Pick the green body and pick the "Body" tab on the right
- Mass: 1..... Angular Damping: 1...... Linear Damping: 1..... Max Ang Speed: 5.... Max Linear Speed: 5

For some reason, adding that info allows for pick-up.
Alright, and also in Penumbra Black Plague, there is a rotating camera that I would like to add to the police office. My only issue is that there is no nmap or spec. Just the jpg and the bump.tga Will this still work, and if so what do I put the .tga in for.

Custom Stories

-BrastaSauce

01-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Website Find