Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(08-24-2012, 03:25 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:13 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:03 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:01 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: True, but if it were used it would be cool to see (until you have to run away from it)!

Wow I did! That is rare.
Would be a creepy creature to watch out for. Especially when it would crawl through vents.
Hadn't thought of that! That's a cool idea for it. Now what would be its origins?
That needs to be properly thought up. Just like with the Amnesia monsters. They have their background.

This fella was unused, so there isn't really a background for it. And that monster's old. But would've been creepy.

EDIT: Really quick today. Quick post again.
Just a thought, but if you were the people creating Amnesia 2, what monster would you add?
Not sure, but I'd be making something that would probably fit into the universe the game takes place in. I'd also make sure the monster encounter would be freaky enough. So that players would fear the monster, not run into it as if it is just a hallucination.

I'd leave that up to someone who understands it better. Instead of creating something stupid, I'd rather get some ideas first.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(08-24-2012, 07:23 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:13 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:03 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Would be a creepy creature to watch out for. Especially when it would crawl through vents.
Hadn't thought of that! That's a cool idea for it. Now what would be its origins?
That needs to be properly thought up. Just like with the Amnesia monsters. They have their background.

This fella was unused, so there isn't really a background for it. And that monster's old. But would've been creepy.

Just a thought, but if you were the people creating Amnesia 2, what monster would you add?
Not sure, but I'd be making something that would probably fit into the universe the game takes place in. I'd also make sure the monster encounter would be freaky enough. So that players would fear the monster, not run into it as if it is just a hallucination.

I'd leave that up to someone who understands it better. Instead of creating something stupid, I'd rather get some ideas first.
Good points. I'm just wondering what they'd put in a game that has you in a city (as seen in the teaser for Amnesia 2).
08-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-24-2012, 04:30 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:13 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Hadn't thought of that! That's a cool idea for it. Now what would be its origins?

Good points. I'm just wondering what they'd put in a game that has you in a city (as seen in the teaser for Amnesia 2).
Time will tell. But seriously, we should watch the topic (I mean, not to stray Off-Topic). If we go too far, this thread could get locked. And the thread's too young for that.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 04:33 PM by Robby.)
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 04:32 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 06:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: That needs to be properly thought up. Just like with the Amnesia monsters. They have their background.

Time will tell. But seriously, we should watch the topic (I mean, not to stray Off-Topic). If we go too far, this thread could get locked. And the thread's too young for that.
True, good point, so back to topic.

I've noticed the Brute has a huge lead in the poll. I guess its the combo of scary humanoid appearance, noises that creep you out, and a dangerous blade!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM by The Rock Worm.)
08-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-24-2012, 04:36 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 03:25 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Just a thought, but if you were the people creating Amnesia 2, what monster would you add?

I've noticed the Brute has a huge lead in the poll. I guess its the combo of scary humanoid appearance, noises that creep you out, and a dangerous blade!
That makes the brute a scary opponent. An enemy that is nothing but strength isn't scary at all. It needs to "look" appropriately.
EDIT: Also, the first time I encountered him (The Morgue), the noises creeped me out completely. I knew I was about to face up with a terrifying enemy. Guess I was correct.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 04:38 PM by Robby.)
08-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 04:37 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 07:23 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Not sure, but I'd be making something that would probably fit into the universe the game takes place in. I'd also make sure the monster encounter would be freaky enough. So that players would fear the monster, not run into it as if it is just a hallucination.

That makes the brute a scary opponent. An enemy that is nothing but strength isn't scary at all. It needs to "look" appropriately.
EDIT: Also, the first time I encountered him (The Morgue), the noises creeped me out completely. I knew I was about to face up with a terrifying enemy. Guess I was correct.
The Water Horror is good because you can't really see it, thus its attacks can come as a surprise!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 05:38 PM by The Rock Worm.)
08-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-24-2012, 04:40 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:30 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Good points. I'm just wondering what they'd put in a game that has you in a city (as seen in the teaser for Amnesia 2).

What would have been scarier for a Brute situation if you saw it working in the kitchen (you can imagine what he 'chops' in there).

The Water Horror is good because you can't really see it, thus its attacks can come as a surprise!
The water horror made me wonder, rather than scare me. Just seeing water splashes without seeing what's underneath kept me worried. I jumped into the water later on, thinking it was just a hallucination. Boy I was wrong.

And the brute, well that would be something my mind would rather keep away from...

EDIT: 450 posts. Yay!

08-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 04:42 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:32 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Time will tell. But seriously, we should watch the topic (I mean, not to stray Off-Topic). If we go too far, this thread could get locked. And the thread's too young for that.

What would have been scarier for a Brute situation if you saw it working in the kitchen (you can imagine what he 'chops' in there).

The water horror made me wonder, rather than scare me. Just seeing water splashes without seeing what's underneath kept me worried. I jumped into the water later on, thinking it was just a hallucination. Boy I was wrong.

And the brute, well that would be something my mind would rather keep away from...

I wish it was a hallucination!
Sorry for the Brute comment Sad (forgive me?). I don't think that stuff myself, but glad it didn't appear in the game. I decided to remove it, feeling bad I put it there in the first place.

Congratulations on 450 posts pal!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 05:38 PM by The Rock Worm.)
08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-24-2012, 05:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:36 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: True, good point, so back to topic.

Sorry for the Brute comment Sad (forgive me?). I don't think that stuff myself, but glad it didn't appear in the game. I decided to remove it, feeling bad I put it there in the first place.

There's nothing to forgive.

The brute managed to bring quite some scares in Amnesia, but the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.

How the nightmare started: I was in a forest, with nothing but a knife, an empty canteen, and a note saying "It is coming... You do better hurry". While I walked in that forest, I swear I heard the worm's distant cry from the game ringing in my ears. I just said "It isn't real. It is just me, walking around, wiggling my ass around here." When I started to feel vibrations, I knew my mind wasn't just fooling around. And this was not the worst part. I suddenly heard trees fall in the distance, and that is when my mind got corrupted by the image I saw. It was the giant worm, just coming after me like "Hi! I'm coming to eat you!". While this may not seem scary, this was when I first encountered the thingy. The horror, the horror...

Next thing I know, I suddenly jump out of my bed, with only one thought in my head: RUN! Little did I know that I woke up, at 4:21 AM. I quickly stood up on the bed, and started blindly running. When my head kissed the wall, I fell back, and... my memory got fuzzy after that.

Didn't have nightmares of the brute, but it was a pretty terrifying encounter. The wormy doesn't scare me anymore (lol yeah right).

08-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 05:46 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:37 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: That makes the brute a scary opponent. An enemy that is nothing but strength isn't scary at all. It needs to "look" appropriately.

There's nothing to forgive.

The brute managed to bring quite some scares in Amnesia, but the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.

How the nightmare started: I was in a forest, with nothing but a knife, an empty canteen, and a note saying "It is coming... You do better hurry". While I walked in that forest, I swear I heard the worm's distant cry from the game ringing in my ears. I just said "It isn't real. It is just me, walking around, wiggling my ass around here." When I started to feel vibrations, I knew my mind wasn't just fooling around. And this was not the worst part. I suddenly heard trees fall in the distance, and that is when my mind got corrupted by the image I saw. It was the giant worm, just coming after me like "Hi! I'm coming to eat you!". While this may not seem scary, this was when I first encountered the thingy. The horror, the horror...

Next thing I know, I suddenly jump out of my bed, with only one thought in my head: RUN! Little did I know that I woke up, at 4:21 AM. I quickly stood up on the bed, and started blindly running. When my head kissed the wall, I fell back, and... my memory got fuzzy after that.

Didn't have nightmares of the brute, but it was a pretty terrifying encounter. The wormy doesn't scare me anymore (lol yeah right).
Thanks pal, didn't mean to overreact. Smile

Never had a dream or nightmare about the worm, but that is one scary dream! This is why I voted for the Worm in this poll, in real life I'd rather face an Amnesia Brute than the Penumbra Worm! At least one can hide from a Brute.
08-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Find