Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ladder [SPOILERS]
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17
The Ladder [SPOILERS]

I'm at cave/cellar of sorts, where the wire-cage room is. I drug that ladder and hinged it on the trap door. Then I went back to look around and there was a big crash. When I returned to the trapdoor, the ladder was gone. I went back into the caves and found it again. Does this ladder go to THIS trap door, or do I stack the crates to get back up. I don't want to put the ladder on again and then have it disappear back in the caves again.
Thanks for the help. I just started this game today. So, far no monsters, only spiders and that dog. And the tech-ability to float some of the objects in air, is just awsome!
08-06-2007, 01:49 AM
Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8
RE: The Ladder [SPOILERS]

that's weird...ur sopused to put the ladder there and climb back up.

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

ive placed it up, walked back around under the cave, came back and still saw it. that is odd.
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Find
Gambler_Justice Offline

Threads: 0

You're talking about the trap-door in the very beginning right?
You can place some crates/barrels and jump up the trapdoor if you don't get the ladder to work.
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Yes, at the beginning. I did get the ladder to stay put and went back to look around and the ladder was still there. Now I am at a different level; trying to figure out how to keep the dog out of the WorkArea room. (I did try the crates, but it wouldn't save, in save games).
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Hey, Guest7.
Could you explain that again?
You put the ladder onto the hinges (Making it climbable) then went back into the cave with the hot steam, you heard a crash and when you came back the ladder was gone?
Or did you GAME crash?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Kedjane Wrote:Hey, Guest7.
Could you explain that again?
You put the ladder onto the hinges (Making it climbable) then went back into the cave with the hot steam, you heard a crash and when you came back the ladder was gone?
Or did you GAME crash?

I drug the ladder to the trapdoor hinges and it clicked on. Then I went back into the caves, but not too far in, and heard a loud crash. The screen words read something about a cave-in a long time ago.

Then, I went back to pre-cave room to see what caved in. Nothing was caved in, but the ladder was gone.

I went back into the caves and the ladder was in the caves. Then I put up the post about the ladder, because it takes some effort to drag that ladder and I didn't want to do it again, unless I had too.
My game did not crash (thankfully).

I did go back and put the ladder back on hinges and it stayed put.
Then I went back in the caves, turned off the steam, etc.
Then I came back to pre-cave room and there was a loud crash and I saw the dust and ceiling shake, etc. And the words about what could of happened up there, etc. And then went up.

I figured the game glitched on me...I don't know. But I have since (because of that dog-ugh!) been down in the caves more, just to be sure I didn't miss something.
I got kinda wordy, I just wanted to explain it clearly.
08-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

hearing the screams, and thumps are normal. going back up, you see the door open with blood, Philip says something.
08-08-2007, 05:01 AM
Find