Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Aiming Hammer/dogs
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17
Aiming Hammer/dogs

I read the previous post about killing the dog(s). What I would like to know is HOW to aim the hammer with the mouse, to hit the dog(s). Does it help to change the mouse to a basic mouse, compared to using the more updated (red light) mouse?
08-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Aiming Hammer/dogs

true, different mice may give you a different experience on using it. the light mouse shouldn't be any different than the old fashion wheel mouse.
Hold down on the left (action) button, move the mouse to the left or right a little ways, then back in the middle (right a little, then left or left some, then right)

Trackballs or marble mouse (mine) is quite nice and handy to use, but about the same, only difference, my mouse doesn't move, which can make for an easier gameplay.
08-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

well just aim with the centre of your screen in look mode Smile
you should know the center automaticly :p(well i do, finished quake2 witout crosshair XD)
your kind of mouse doesent make it any different, usualy a mouse with a light/laser is better because it doesent have a loose part wich controlls your movement Smile

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17

My game does not automatically center.
Using the hammer is becoming pointless.
What control setting for the mouse is the best for using the hammer---1.8 or higher or lower?
I read that if you get on top of crates, you are protected. In my game the dog just blasts away the crates and I am left on the ground.
I play on Easy and at times it switches to a harder Game play---why is this? Because when I go back to my saved games, some of them are Easy and some harder. I only want EASY.
If I can't get past the workarea, then what's the use in even trying to finish this game?
Help Sad
08-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Find
m1dy Offline

Threads: 3

Guest7 Wrote:My game does not automatically center.
Using the hammer is becoming pointless.
What control setting for the mouse is the best for using the hammer---1.8 or higher or lower?
I read that if you get on top of crates, you are protected. In my game the dog just blasts away the crates and I am left on the ground.
I play on Easy and at times it switches to a harder Game play---why is this? Because when I go back to my saved games, some of them are Easy and some harder. I only want EASY.
If I can't get past the workarea, then what's the use in even trying to finish this game?
Help Sad

Since I'm currently using a very crappy 800 dpi laser Microsoft mouse, I put my sensitivity on 4.0. I like high sensitivities, high enough that I can do a full 180 degree turn without picking my mouse up off the desk.

As for the dog destroying the box you were on - some boxes are destructible, and some are not. Wooden crates will break, look for sturdy metal-looking crates. A good way to find out whether or not a box is destructible is to hit it with your hammer 3 or 4 times and take note of the appearance of the box you experimented on.

Don't get discouraged, this game has a wonderful story.
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

m1dy Wrote:Since I'm currently using a very crappy 800 dpi laser Microsoft mouse, I put my sensitivity on 4.0. I like high sensitivities, high enough that I can do a full 180 degree turn without picking my mouse up off the desk.

that's why I love trackballs (marble mouse; ball on top), because I never have to bother lifting up the mouse to move again. I could never go back to using the older mice. it would kill me.
It makes a big difference!
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Find