Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sherlock Holmes inspired mod?
Mastersarge Offline

Threads: 7
Sherlock Holmes inspired mod?

Hey gang how is everything?

I had an idea that could use some discussion on. Has anyone ever considered a Sherlock Holmes mod? A unique custom story for the game where you play as Sherlock Holmes, (devoid of the sanity bar since Sherlock can keep his cool) and he investigates a series of murders in the country side of London.
Cuz I was thinking of a mod like that. The mod has connections with the Original Amnesia storyline, featuring the Orb, paranormal and supernatural powers, Guardians and ect ect.
And maybe, with enough effort, a new villain, a new horror, and new monster or two and total exploration. However, the idea is big enough to cover more then several hours or so depending on the development and concept of the idea.

Hey, how ya doing?
01-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Sherlock Holmes inspired mod?

Never thought about it, sounds good. But you would need custom models for a custom story homicide type thing.

01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

I know. And I would need a lot.
Especially NPC models since I haven't seen anyone post any of those kinds yet.

Hey, how ya doing?
01-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

If this happens then I think it would fit best as a Full conversion Smile To add new mechanics etc Smile

01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

Yeah. haha. Problem is I don't got enough to get me Amnesia the Dark Descent myself. I mean, I got the custom story editor yeah. But it needs the game itself. XD

And I'm not very good when it comes to modeling and mechanics of course. So others have to help me on that one.

Hey, how ya doing?
01-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

This is an AWESOME idea. We could make a Sherlock Holmes custom story / total conversion similar to the great games (with very illogical puzzles) by Frogwares, but with puzzles that actually make sense. Unfortunately I have no skills in modeling whatsoever so I'm not able to do that.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

You don't NEED NPC models for something like this. You just need the right setting. Tongue

"Sherlock arrives at the mansion after being directed to look after the recent murder of Lestrad Lestrange. Lestrange was a curious man, a hermit who until recently lived alone on his hill. Who was his killer? Why was he killed? Perhaps Lestrange has more of a story than he has led others to believe..."

Just think Scratches. There aren't really any NPCs in that either, just the view of the monster at the end.

01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

(01-25-2012, 07:11 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: You don't NEED NPC models for something like this. You just need the right setting. Tongue

"Sherlock arrives at the mansion after being directed to look after the recent murder of Lestrad Lestrange. Lestrange was a curious man, a hermit who until recently lived alone on his hill. Who was his killer? Why was he killed? Perhaps Lestrange has more of a story than he has led others to believe..."

Just think Scratches. There aren't really any NPCs in that either, just the view of the monster at the end.
hah yeah I know. XD But the thing is, I wanted it to expand more then just one location. x3

Hey, how ya doing?
01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

You could still do that. Just make sure that the transitions take place between loading screens. Tongue

01-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Find
strikvraagje Offline

Threads: 0

Yes
Please
I beg of you
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Find