Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

saved game, anyone?
aNameNotTaken
Unregistered

saved game, anyone?

I've just gotten through the
Spoiler below!
timed door with the lever in the second area with spiders, right after the first encounter with the worm. In the area with dogs after that
my framerate drops so low the game becomes unplayable, even with all the graphics options on the minimum settings. I'm not sure what about that particular area causes the framerate to drop. Has anyone else noticed this? Does the framerate go back up after the end of that area?

Could someone email or link me a saved game right after that area with the low framerate? I'd be eternally grateful - I'd really like to finish the game. Alternately, does anyone know how to modify game files to increase the framerate, perhaps by lowering the graphics setting event further?
08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: saved game, anyone?

Huuh!?
Everything at lowest, yet unplayable lag? I can play at mid-settings although my computer is at least 5 years old and I dont think I've bought anything new to it.
By the way there is already a savegame thread, try making a new post there instead.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

try not to assume too much right away Kedjane. My specs are BRAND SPAKIN' NEW, but they are new enough to run modern games with good speed/smooth look.
That particular area has caused my computer to freeze up a few times. The last time I played it, it was getting jerky. A bug I assume, for every other part in the game is quite smooth.
Unfortunately, I have no solution for you, except you're not the only one with this issue, thus is why I think this is some sort of bug.
and the game does seem normal after that part, so don't worry.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2007, 09:39 PM by Greatred.)
08-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

aNameNotTaken:
Trying to find the cause of that bug, please see this thread:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1344
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:try not to assume too much right away Kedjane.
What did I assume?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

you asumed it was his/her hardware, when most likely, it's just a bug.
08-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Find