Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Will there be more games?
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Will there be more games?

(02-05-2012, 01:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think, they just said it won't be a main horror game anymore, because Amnesia is the most of horror you could imagine. So, they doesn't decide making a game scarier than Amnesia. Because they finally did all things to make Amnesia scary as they could.
So, other people may could be disappointed by the next game when they expect it will be scary like Amnesia or more. Therefore they said it will be no main horror game to clarify that.
But I'm absolutely sure, it will be a scary game as well - as we know it from Frictional Games.
They won't be able to make a non-scary game.
Wow. Just wow. You are so full of dumb, it's like the entire republic of Dumb decided to take a shit, mixing it up in a blender, adding in a pinch of retardation and some spoonfuls of stating opinions as factual. Actually, this is sort of an insult. To the republic, that is.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

That is quite rude. Especially if you have nothing to say as a counter-argument.

Frictional Games will take a step into a little different direction, they stated it countless times.
Amnesia is a quite scary game, however Penumbra series are not in a lower level. They proved themselves with Penumbra series and Amnesia, and many people wish to have another taste from these genius people.

02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(02-05-2012, 02:02 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 01:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think, they just said it won't be a main horror game anymore, because Amnesia is the most of horror you could imagine. So, they doesn't decide making a game scarier than Amnesia. Because they finally did all things to make Amnesia scary as they could.
So, other people may could be disappointed by the next game when they expect it will be scary like Amnesia or more. Therefore they said it will be no main horror game to clarify that.
But I'm absolutely sure, it will be a scary game as well - as we know it from Frictional Games.
Wow. Just wow. You are so full of dumb, it's like the entire republic of Dumb decided to take a shit, mixing it up in a blender, adding in a pinch of retardation and some spoonfuls of stating opinions as factual. Actually, this is sort of an insult. To the republic, that is.
Erm, he IS telling the truth. Frictional said themselves the next game wouldn't be Amnesia or Penumbra scary and will be a little less horror based, so he (Googolplex) assumes that people might be a little bit disappointed that it's not the horror they cherish and love (I honestly don't care, I'm in this for the story Big Grin).

Calm down, seriously... Out of all the posts I've seen from you, they are all very rude and unnecessary.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 03:52 PM by RawkBandMan.)
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(02-05-2012, 03:49 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 02:02 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
Erm, he IS telling the truth. Frictional said themselves the next game wouldn't be Amnesia or Penumbra scary and will be a little less horror based, so he (Googolplex) assumes that people might be a little bit disappointed that it's not the horror they cherish and love (I honestly don't care, I'm in this for the story Big Grin).

Calm down, seriously... Out of all the posts I've seen from you, they are all very rude and unnecessary.
Oh wow, thanks man. In all seriousness though, be aware that I am never 100% serious. It was a little rude, but that was not the point. Also, it was misunderstood. I was referring in part to his(?) tendency to state personal opinions as fact. Amnesia is a damn good game, and I know it scared the bajeegus out of me, but it is not "the most of horror you could imagine". That's an opinion.

Now, here's my opinion. I think it's good that they're taking a break from horror-focused games and try to "explore new venues", so to speak. Knowing Frictional, their next game will most likely be really great anyway, and I personally love a great story. Also, they will take with them the experiences from Amnesia, Penumbra and this next game, if they ever make a new full-on horror game. There is always room for improvement.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Find