Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Heart  [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Yep, it's about that time, folks! I tested it and tested it, and everything seems to be working just fine. If there are any bugs, they're minor enough not to warrant another upload and another fix. This one's a doozy. I am aware the content is inefficiently packaged, but I'm sure you can all deal with it. It's done that way to ensure absolutely that no entities are missing, since certain ones were missing on various peoples' computers before I packaged it this way. At any rate, enjoy!

Some backstory: you don't get any. This story attempts something new. It's similar to Myst, in the sense that you are dropped in an environment with no backstory and no idea who you are or what happened. You must piece together clues, solve puzzles, and use your brain to figure everything out. Total atmosphere is the goal here, and I think I did a good job of achieving it. Investigate everything. Item glow has been turned off in order to maintain atmosphere, as a giant 'PICK ME UP' glow made things far too easy. Experiment with items and objects in order to progress. If you are stuck, seek an alternative solution than would be the norm. Just because the character tells you to look for a certain thing, doesn't mean that item will be the solution, or even be there.

And on that note, enjoy!

NOTICE: Anyone who played this story and encountered a game-breaking bug in the last level, please download this version (Uploaded Feb. 17th). It has been fixed. If you created a YouTube playthrough of the story and found that error, I would recommend trying this version and re-recording, if you so desire. Thank you for your patience!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deterioration/downloads

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2013, 09:55 PM by Streetboat.)
02-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: [RELEASE]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Wow, so waited for this. I can't wait to play it. I will feedback this later after completing it of course Big Grin

Downloading... awesome! Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
02-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

Aaaaaaaand downloaded.

02-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Now with 100% less bugged out models. :]

02-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Stuck at lighthouse part:
Spoiler below!
what to do here? I can't do nothing with levers, climbed at the top nothing here.. that generator is running but can't do nothing. Help or hints Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I think a re-upload is required. The contents of the archive provide more files than needed.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(02-09-2012, 05:13 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Stuck at lighthouse part:
Spoiler below!
what to do here? I can't do nothing with levers, climbed at the top nothing here.. that generator is running but can't do nothing. Help or hints Smile
Spoiler below!

There's a paper on the desk that provides instructions.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Spoiler below!
Speaking as a person who hasn't finished it, died during the lighthouse segment and have to replay and get back there.

This is an amazing custom story. Absolutely incredible - one of the best full conversions out there, definitely.

Highly recommended. Great ideas, original concept, wonderful story thus far - thank you for this man.

02-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I'm able to save and exit though the readme says it's suppose to be like Justine.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Gotta play this then! Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM