Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-28-2012, 09:50 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 09:24 PM)TheGrandHero Wrote: It's not a teaser anyway, it's fan-made.

From where did you get this information?
I would really like if it is an official teaser, because it looks very immersing scary!
Well from what it shows it doesn't look like it's from Amnesia at all, some one really could have found any hallway anywhere and ran down it, distorted the footage, and then added sound and text to it. I think if it was official it would be very clear that it was by FG and it was Amnesia. Also it's not uploaded to their YouTube, but rather some other random account.

Posting Freak
02-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Name: MachineForPigs.avi
Yup.
Seems legit.

Uploader: AmnesiaTheEmerging
Yup.
Seems legit.

02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

I'm going to add this in - Are you new to Frictional Games? (I mean, did you just get hired :p)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(02-28-2012, 05:39 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Is this teaser official or a fan creation?

It really scary, but is "killing something" the only reason for horror in the next Amnesia?

I mean, the reason for the horror in TDD would be done by opening doors, the wind, piano music or changing portraits... not directly because of a brutal machine what is killing something.

I hope, the next Amnesia will not be a game with blood and violence in it's core, more an eerie game than a brutal one.

This is fan-made video, it was pointed few pages before.

Quote:The concept art is by Ben Andrews
P/O = paint over I believe...

Paint-overs usually being made over an existing piece of art... or a screenshot.
"I want to believe".

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 04:35 AM by Kein.)
02-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah if the video wasn't posted on Frictional's official YouTube account then it's obviously fan-made. FG wouldn't post a video on a separate account from all of their subscribers, obviously. But it's nonetheless a well-done video. A hardcore fan perhaps.
02-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(02-29-2012, 12:58 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I'm going to add this in - Are you new to Frictional Games? (I mean, did you just get hired :p)
No I work for The Chinese Room, and have done for a while now.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
02-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:No I work for The Chinese Room
Oooh, 'tis gun be good.

No, really, I just want to say I loved the way DE handles ambient/environmental sound and SFX, it was quite atmospheric. Really look forward to your work with Amnesia, guys.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(02-29-2012, 12:53 PM)colgatesandwich Wrote: Don't know if this has already been posted, but this will definitely be interesting for you to read!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...umor_that/
Afraid someone beat ya too it. Someone posted it the other day Tongue It's a good read. Good that FG respond to fans emails.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Hmm... Thomas is answering emails? I know, Jens is the guy who did that normally.

Yeah, A Machine For Pigs seems to be scary, but I really have fear that the game will be too short and the horror is only done by the machine, by the slaughtering of pigs.

Amnesia TDD and Penumbra are more than only brutal machines. The horror would be done by atmosphere, sounds, effects and by the feelings to be alone.

Not to kill poor animals.

And that the development started in December 2011 and the release is this year, lets me think this game will be shorter than TDD. And that is the wrong way. I really want more environments, more rooms, longer story telling and that the game not ends after two days of playing.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 05:26 PM by Googolplex.)
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I don't think it will be too short, but then again, Dear Esther was pretty short. But as this is an Amnesia title, it should be a few hours at least. I don't think the "machine" is the horror, it's just gore. Like you said, atmosphere is the horror and scare. I'm sure there will still be monsters roaming around. We still don't know what the machine is. I don't think it's anything industrial.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Find