Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-15-2013, 07:18 PM)Thief1337 Wrote: Is is so hard to just wait?

[Image: mjqtd0.jpg]

RIGHT? All this "Frictional is unprofessional" crap. They're trying not to spoil anything, and they're doing a very good job. Yes, they could give us progress updates, but they said it'd be done in Q2, and Q2 is not over yet, so we have nothing to worry about. We don't have to be breathing down their neck while they're racing to finish it. They're probably too busy to make updates and release trailers right now, and they'll take care of it when everything is finally done.

Give 'em a break, think about the stress of trying to perfect this game, it must be hard on them right now.

Oh, and it's my 100th post, I feel so accomplished!

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM by TiberiusBond.)
04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(04-15-2013, 07:30 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote:

RIGHT? All this "Frictional is unprofessional" crap. They're trying not to spoil anything, and they're doing a very good job. Yes, they could give us progress updates, but they said it'd be done in Q2, and Q2 is not over yet, so we have nothing to worry about. We don't have to be breathing down their neck while they're racing to finish it. They're probably too busy to make updates and release trailers right now, and they'll take care of it when everything is finally done.

Give 'em a break, think about the stress of trying to perfect this game, it must be hard on them right now.

Absolutely, it seems like it's going to be delayed though. If they're really gonna release it in Q2 then they would have announced it around now or earlier.
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

(04-15-2013, 07:33 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 07:30 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote:

Absolutely, it seems like it's going to be delayed though. If they're really gonna release it in Q2 then they would have announced it around now or earlier.

Not necessarily, it's early in April right now, Q2 ends at the end of May, so they can announce a date later this month and release it in May. All hope is not lost.

04-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(04-15-2013, 06:54 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: While I don't wholly disagree with what you're saying, I have to say that sometimes it may very well have to do with the game at hand. Certain games are better left knowing almost nothing about up until you actually play it, especially in the story department.

Take Bioshock Infinite for example. While it had an abundance of trailers, and footage, most of it was revolving around the gameplay, and the setting which has already been confirmed. Little to no information was revealed in trailers about in more in-depth plot.

When it comes to a very likely almost completely story driven game with the story being one of its main selling points, it's very hard to advertise without spoiling something. Of course I'd say it'd be nice if some setting, or scenery footage could be released. However one could also speculate that the the story has been written so that the settings themselves are very important to the plot, and should not be revealed beyond the ones which have already been shown.

I'm not requesting game and/or plot spoilers, I'm just asking for more info on the development process and how far along the game is. Last we heard a couple of months ago was that thechineseroom had handed the game over to Frictional. Then Dan was re-doing the last (third? quarter?) of the game. Since then pretty much nothing.

How about they update us on progress? Game spoilers are NOT required, just info on what stage of the process it's at.
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-15-2013, 07:35 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: Not necessarily, it's early in April right now, Q2 ends at the end of May, so they can announce a date later this month and release it in May. All hope is not lost.

Q2 actually ends at the end of June. There's plenty time for an announcement. Smile

^(;,;)^
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

(04-15-2013, 07:54 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 07:35 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: Not necessarily, it's early in April right now, Q2 ends at the end of May, so they can announce a date later this month and release it in May. All hope is not lost.

Q2 actually ends at the end of June. There's plenty time for an announcement. Smile

Oh, right, my bad. Just proves the point even further!

04-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Seriously, why don't you people try other video games instead of continually asking here about the release date. The "News and announcement" forum is the very first thing I check upon my visits here Smile
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Please remind me, what does Q2 stand for again?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

(04-15-2013, 08:56 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:

Please remind me, what does Q2 stand for again?

The second quarter of the year, or the second 3 months, so April, May, and June

04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

I'll be saying this only once, so do pay attention dear students.

There are twelve months in a year, and four quarters in a year. Which means that for every quarter there is three months.

So...

Q1 -January, February, March

Q2 -April, May, June

Q3 - July, August, September

Q4 - October, November, December

Math at its simplest, and I'm bad at math Tongue. Please be patient. We're only in the middle of April. Start worrying if we here absolutely nothing by the end of May.

Also, I have to agree it is good that we're not hearing too much about the game details, and while I would love the occasional update, we need to realize they are a small company, and are doing their best to give us a great game that will make us pee our pants. And I am slightly disappointed by the two different letters on the main page (well, one being a poem) because I feel that was a somewhat spoiler about a part of the game, even if only a tiny one, perhaps. So I want to no as little as possible about what this game is about, and I really hope we've all been guessing wrong about what it could be about. Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 12:31 AM by sasaluvsamnesia7.)
04-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Find