Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

(02-28-2012, 01:58 PM)TheGrandHero Wrote: It's good to read how much thought you're putting into the process, Sam. I honestly think that all your efforts will shine through when the rest of us can finally get our hands on the finished product.
On that note, the wine cellar was probably scariest part of the first Amensia for me, even though it's really perfectly "safe" from a gameplay perspective. A large part of that had to do with the ambient sounds in that space; the creak of the floorboards, the scuffle of debris in the distance. It's amazing what can be accomplished with sound design, and it's honestly something I hadn't put much thought to before you began this thread. I really look forward to seeing how your work contributes to the experiences in this new game.
You will love the soundscape of Pigs then Smile

(02-28-2012, 01:04 PM)The Bright Side Wrote: Thanks, Sam! That does clear it up. Zeemeerman2, try some of the music by Pink Floyd, e.g. Dark Side of the Moon or (not their best album, but an excellent example) The Final Cut. The latter has a huge dynamic range and showcases how to use it for dramatic effect. If you listen very closely, you will hear a plethora of details and sounds in the music, and then there will be loud passages that grip you without overwhelming or slamming your ears.
A fine choice! Another great example of using dynamic range dramatically is Clint Mansell's theme for The Fountain "Death is the road to Awe". Notice how the piece starts off extremely softly then gets more dramatic in not only composition but in amplitude. You can hear it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDAkpQSJVA

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM by samueljustice00.)
02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
pcrk2 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

For those of you concerned the game will not be a worthy follow-up to the first Amnesia, take this!
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

Wait,so Tarmia isnt working on Machine for pigs soundtrack?

Voice actor

Painful shadows

02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Website Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(02-28-2012, 03:27 PM)pcrk2 Wrote: For those of you concerned the game will not be a worthy follow-up to the first Amnesia, take this!
Thanks,i just read it.
I liked their response,Frictional Games are so epic Big Grin
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

(02-28-2012, 03:27 PM)pcrk2 Wrote: For those of you concerned the game will not be a worthy follow-up to the first Amnesia, take this!
They pointed out when the game was first announced that they were hoping to make it just as scary--if not more so.
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I recon one of the projects wouldn't be as scary. But just the title of this new game kills the horror. Hope they prove me wrong Big Grin From that email, Thomas is making this game sound terrifying and stopping people from turning on their pc after playing it...this is going to be AWESOME!!!

Think A Little, Change A Lot
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM by BrooksyFC.)
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Is this teaser official or a fan creation?
It really scary, but is "killing something" the only reason for horror in the next Amnesia?
I mean, the reason for the horror in TDD would be done by opening doors, the wind, piano music or changing portraits... not directly because of a brutal machine what is killing something.
I hope, the next Amnesia will not be a game with blood and violence in it's core, more an eerie game than a brutal one.
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Indeed. This game is sounding scarier and scarier. I bet once we understand what this machine is and what it is used for and what it does to people ("pigs"?), just hearing the title will invoke a feeling of such uneasiness that simply turning on the computer will make you feel vulnerable just by knowing that the game is just a click away...
02-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I just don't find "A Machine For Pigs" a scary title, but from what Thomas said, I think I am going to be proven wrong Tongue Killing is not the main part to any horror, atmosphere for me.

Just looked at the 4 screenshot on the site and the writing in the corner of each picture say's (from Left to Right): Cellar Engine P/O, Control Room, Pig Line 3, Chapel 1. (Just some useless information) All of them end with BA 2011, any idea what BA stands for?

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Yeah, the atmosphere makes horror, not splattering the blood.
I think, BA means the initials of the artwork designer.
02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Find