Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

And the puzzles. I like to be completely unaware what to do, to repair machines, to search for something, to use the physics or the logics. Without to get hints or help. This tricky and thoughtful puzzles particularly what Penumbra has, I like more than the horror by monsters or slaughtering machines.

It needs much time to create a game with all that, 10 months for the whole game are really really too short.

Please, don't release it this year, release it when the game is more extensive.

Do more puzzles in the game. Puzzles behind every corner.

That doesn't work, this gets broken, Something is missing, how to get it, use something to repair, search for an other way to get into a room. Let the player be more involved, more to do. Not only scare by some monsters. The game should be even a puzzle adventure, like a survival horror.

Hope Frictional reading this and know what I mean.
Everywhere, something must be hidden. Not only pick up oil and tinderboxes, the player needs more objects for puzzles. And a puzzle should be more than only find something and put it into a slot.

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM by Googolplex.)
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

The release date isn't anything concrete. And you don't know if that's enough time or not. It's a game being built around a finished, stable engine and with some core gameplay systems already in place.

You don't know how much they are changing and adding. But, if they felt comfortable giving it an estimate of fall this year, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I doubt they're rushing it out the door.
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

People sure love complaining about nothing.

02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-29-2012, 05:49 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: People sure love complaining about nothing.
I'm thinking, unlike you.

02-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

They're just worrying. Sometimes people find it easier to be negative about something that is new rather than positive.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

(02-29-2012, 05:26 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Not to kill poor animals.
The "poor animals" in question are people, not actual pigs.
02-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I love how some people just assume things about the new game rather than waiting for details. If there is one thing I don't like, that'll probably prematurely judging things. The reason why I don't open my mouth on these kind of things is because I don't know, if I knew I would have a valid opinion in stock but I don't know and thus I won't just assume and draw conclusion that may or may not be true.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(02-28-2012, 04:29 AM)Kein Wrote: Lee
But that's just wrong, that is not what happened. If you did follow the small conversation between us, you would have noticed that he started so-called "immature argument" about the game in general with his phrase "If you could call dear Esther as a game". And I replied to him in the same key, slightly pointing at the fact that his words and position regarding the game is quite silly and have no argumentative basis behind it except his hate/disliking. He totally missed it so I decided to skip it. Now I find it funny how it turned out that it was me who started all this "immature argumentation" (oh, here is this word again; sure it is a buzzword now). Especially consider the fact that the person in question heavily implied that sequel is going to suck just because thechineseroom is working on it and they didn't produce anything that worth to be called a game.

Again, the fact that you didn't like the concept of DE does not make it is a bad game. The guys knew that their creation won't be that popular (in fact, this prediction turned out incorrect, 50k+ sales first few weeks!) among the people like you yet they decided to continue their work on the concept and idea I love them for that, because I loved the game. And yes, it IS a game. Just like "The Artist" is a film of the year (perfect analogy btw, love it).

I, for one, believe that Amnesia's universe will gather much from TCR experience in deep storytelling and of course they do know what they are working on and they will try to stay in the border's of Amnesia's concept and composition set up. If Frictional Games crew can trust them - I see no reason why shouldn't I or you. This is kind of disrespectful to the original creators, you know?
SquigPie was expressing his opinion about Dear Esther and the effect its developers could have on the upcoming Amnesia title. Of course, he didn't say much, but he certainly didn't take any jabs at you. You replied with something that you think is in kind, but rather than simply bickering civilly with SquigPie you decided to go the "i am a better person" route. Rather than defending the title in question, you went, as he said, "2 deep 4 u," as if people who love Dead Space can't possibly comprehend whatever it is you enjoy about Dear Esther, which is presumptuous and insulting.

I'm going to imagine that you're comparing Dear Esther as a game to The Artist as a film because The Artist is devoid of standard features in most films, such as color and voice. I haven't seen the film apart from a very darling clip involving two people dancing on opposite sides of a wall, so I can't praise it or condemn it, but it is obviously a film. Your analogy fails because you're just comparing two titles that lack things deemed standard, now, rather than things that are and have always been necessary. Voice acting and color are not necessary components of film; video is. These aesthetic things are very common assets now, but roughly a century ago, colorless silent films were not devoid of greatness, and plenty of films could tell their stories without an awful lot of dialogue. Meanwhile, games have always required interactivity to be games. Interaction is what sets games apart from every other artistic medium. If The Artist had dialogue and sound but no video, your analogy would make more sense, but then it would work in favor of my argument, because if that was the case, The Artist would be a production similar to old plays on the radio!

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 08:19 PM by Sexbad.)
02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-29-2012, 05:51 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 05:49 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: People sure love complaining about nothing.
I'm thinking, unlike you.
No, you're talking about how this game will probably suck because there won't be enough play time, they won't do the scares right, they'll have too many scares, they'll make it focused on blood and gore, they'll kill "poor and innocent animals", they have another dev team working with them which won't work, and that they're trying to rush it out as soon as possible when all we have is a few concept arts and a title. I'd call that complaining about nothing...

Posting Freak
02-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Well, I managed a Silent Hill fansite for three years, and I know how people become close to new things. The word "new" becomes a taboo.
There is no news about this *new* game, yet I read tons of complaining (worries are different things) about nothing.
I say nothing because there is no information. Even if one wants to worry, at least s/he should have some base.

@Googolplex
I don't see where you get your ideas, like how the game will suck or how I am not thinking, but that's like you, so no offense taken.
BTW, I'm not sure if you are expressing your ideas correctly, because English is not your main language unlike me, so some thoughts might be lost or added during translation.

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 11:39 PM by Tanshaydar.)
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Website Find