Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

newphysics system for penmbra?... plzzzzz!!!
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
Heart  newphysics system for penmbra?... plzzzzz!!!

hey guys if you can i think you should add some things to your physics system thes are only my ideas do with them as you pleas ok.

.1blood physics. hehehehe...

.2updated ragdoll physics...... for example make it so thers no animated deaths and you can drag enemy boidys and make it so if thers water pits and the enymys fall in them thell float i already know newtins physics system can do that

.3water physics...... ther dosent have to be alot just maybye a puddleand if you step in it the water physics takes place. but if you can do lots.
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: newphysics system for penmbra?... plzzzzz!!!

Quote:.1blood physics. hehehehe...
How exactly would you do 'blood physics'? I highly doubt ANY game within the next 5 years will have anything like blood physics. The best thing is creating a large group of particles that attach to a surface they come in contact with, with a natural slope with an equation depending on several factors.

Quote:.2updated ragdoll physics...... for example make it so thers no animated deaths and you can drag enemy boidys and make it so if thers water pits and the enymys fall in them thell float i already know newtins physics system can do that
Penumbra's physics are incredibly precise, because of the amount of joints in the enemy models it caused large amounts of fps drop if you moved the body around, because it effected all the other joints.

Quote:.3water physics...... ther dosent have to be alot just maybye a puddleand if you step in it the water physics takes place. but if you can do lots.
The game already has water physics, along with a water animation that stimulates the wave effect of water. It's primative, but it works.
'water' is actually an area in the game where a 'push' is applied in a certain direction to any objects in the area by a certain amount. This keeps light objects floating, while heavier objects sink.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

WindexGlow Wrote:
Quote:.1blood physics. hehehehe...
How exactly would you do 'blood physics'? I highly doubt ANY game within the next 5 years will have anything like blood physics. The best thing is creating a large group of particles that attach to a surface they come in contact with, with a natural slope with an equation depending on several factors.

Quote:.2updated ragdoll physics...... for example make it so thers no animated deaths and you can drag enemy boidys and make it so if thers water pits and the enymys fall in them thell float i already know newtins physics system can do that
Penumbra's physics are incredibly precise, because of the amount of joints in the enemy models it caused large amounts of fps drop if you moved the body around, because it effected all the other joints.

Quote:.3water physics...... ther dosent have to be alot just maybye a puddleand if you step in it the water physics takes place. but if you can do lots.
The game already has water physics, along with a water animation that stimulates the wave effect of water. It's primative, but it works.
'water' is actually an area in the game where a 'push' is applied in a certain direction to any objects in the area by a certain amount. This keeps light objects floating, while heavier objects sink.
havent you ever heard of gore sandbox for gmod? if you havent download it it has gore physics or just look it up on youtube it has blood physics!
09-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

yaaaa...
That spawns a few body parts dependent on the object that's dying, and it sends out about 5 trails from the body that follow up on the surface. It isn't too complex (I mean it's pretty hard for me to do, but it's not impossible or take weeks with a dedicated team to do)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-04-2007, 02:28 AM
Find