Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Skype+amnesia
bartecolls Offline

Threads: 1
Skype+amnesia

I have a feeling playing amnesia while talking to someone on skype will make it much better. Is anyone up for it??
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Skype+amnesia

(03-03-2012, 05:29 PM)bartecolls Wrote: I have a feeling playing amnesia while talking to someone on skype will make it much better. Is anyone up for it??
It will ruin the immersion...

03-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Website Find
Strembitsky Offline

Threads: 37

Yeah, you are meant to be scared while playing Amnesia. You shouldn't be lulling your way through it.

The Nightmares v1.0 - Dreadful Fires WIP
03-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

It might be a different experience, but not necessarily in a negative way. I'm not convinced that it will ruin the atmosphere, though. The most horrific reaction video on YouTube (in which the guy ends up crying!) was taken from a Skype play-through. There were several other guys playing with him, in fact. It didn't seem to help the guy's nerves that his friends were online with him, joking around etc. Same goes for the "that's not traditional fire" video; it was a Skype recording featuring multiple players and the guy still went crazy.

Go for it bartecolls! If you record the play-through share the link so we can see how it went Wink
03-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Find
bartecolls Offline

Threads: 1

I just tried it. When I play on my own I am usually just sitting there all tense. But when I was skyping with a friend AND playing that shit I was shitting my pants. When I play on my own I usually just cut myself away from the plot if Im too scared.

But still if anyone is up for it, post your skype, it would be cool playing together!
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(03-04-2012, 02:44 AM)Paddy Wrote: It might be a different experience, but not necessarily in a negative way. I'm not convinced that it will ruin the atmosphere, though. The most horrific reaction video on YouTube (in which the guy ends up crying!) was taken from a Skype play-through. There were several other guys playing with him, in fact. It didn't seem to help the guy's nerves that his friends were online with him, joking around etc. Same goes for the "that's not traditional fire" video; it was a Skype recording featuring multiple players and the guy still went crazy.

Go for it bartecolls! If you record the play-through share the link so we can see how it went Wink
+rep for Jenomorph

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
Vodkamallows Offline

Threads: 0

I played Amnesia with a friend while we were on Skype. We both played Amnesia and honestly we were scared as f*ck. We also laughed a lot when the other one got kicked or something. So I think its a nice thing to do but be sure to try Amnesia alone too.
03-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

Then again. Amnesia wasn't made just to be a scaring machine. It can be a story-telling and scaring machine. I like it better that way.
03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Find