Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Model Editor help
Froggit Offline

Threads: 4
Model Editor help

So I have no idea how to use model editor and I cant find any tutorials anywhere. I am trying to make letters on an small block that you can step on but I am clueless on how to do anything on model editor.
(03-05-2012, 12:29 AM)Froggit Wrote: So I have no idea how to use model editor and I cant find any tutorials anywhere. I am trying to make letters on an small block that you can step on but I am clueless on how to do anything on model editor.
and as soon as I finish that I need to make small blocks that look solid but you fall through it.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 12:32 AM by Froggit.)
03-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Model Editor help

The model editor does not allow you to create new things, it's merely a tool to adjust properties of models you have already made.

To create models use either program: "Maya", "Blender" or "3ds Max". Maya is available to students for free. Blender is free.

If you just want to make text I suggest you use "Photoshop" or "Gimp".

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 12:42 AM by Acies.)
03-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Find
Froggit Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Model Editor help

(03-05-2012, 12:41 AM)Acies Wrote: The model editor does not allow you to create new things, it's merely a tool to adjust properties of models you have already made.

To create models use either program: "Maya", "Blender" or "3ds Max". Maya is available to students for free. Blender is free.

If you just want to make text I suggest you use "Photoshop" or "Gimp".
Is there a way where I can take a photo from the internet of a letter and put it on a small surface or do I need one of those programs that you listed to do that too?

03-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Find