Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Point and click type of custom story idea
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
Point and click type of custom story idea

What are you're thoughts on a point and click style game? Mainly a adventure type story. With interesting puzzles Not horror. What are you the community thoughts on this idea?
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 04:29 AM by jssjr90.)
03-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Point and click type of custom story idea

(03-17-2012, 04:25 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: What are you're thoughts on a point and click style game? Mainly a adventure type story. With interesting puzzles Not horror. What are you the community thoughts on this idea?
i am pretty sure some people have done something similar to this... but i am pritty sure they would still be horror themed...

03-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Website Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

I love point and click games, especially horror ones. Would be really awesome.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(03-17-2012, 04:25 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: What are you're thoughts on a point and click style game? Mainly a adventure type story. With interesting puzzles Not horror. What are you the community thoughts on this idea?
You mean like Myst games? I'd definitely enjoy that! In fact, all of my custom story drafts involve that concept.

03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Find
BTOWN360 Offline

Threads: 2

i think that would be cool but the whole them of amnesia is horror so if you dont include that then your not gonna get much downloads.

Allos i am the fake Stephano!!!
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39

After a few days of thinking about it. I decided that I am going to start a new project. Still working on my current story The Hands That Resist Him, but im taking a break from it for a few weeks. I will make a adventure game, not horror. It will be a point and click style but you will still be able to freely move around. I don't think I would half the patients to make all the maps point and click to move to one scene to another. That would take a tremendous amount of scripting and remembering where X position goes to the next X position while maintaining which side is the player coming from. But ya, I am working on a new project. Its called Project Melodic for now. Ill post a new CS thread soon when I have something to show off. Also there will be entirely new architecture for the game. Well time to learn blender.
03-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(03-19-2012, 02:40 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: After a few days of thinking about it. I decided that I am going to start a new project. Still working on my current story The Hands That Resist Him, but im taking a break from it for a few weeks. I will make a adventure game, not horror. It will be a point and click style but you will still be able to freely move around. I don't think I would half the patients to make all the maps point and click to move to one scene to another. That would take a tremendous amount of scripting and remembering where X position goes to the next X position while maintaining which side is the player coming from. But ya, I am working on a new project. Its called Project Melodic for now. Ill post a new CS thread soon when I have something to show off. Also there will be entirely new architecture for the game. Well time to learn blender.
Alright! Smile Let me know when you need music. Wink

03-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

one idea would be to rig a room completely full of stuff (preferably a small room). this gives the player limited ''movement'', and makes one think more about a situation. point and click games are great for those who love puzzles, so if youre making one, make sure to PACK it with puzzles, keys (with locations people would have to actually look for) and so on. been thinking bout this too, good job ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

You can always use block boxes so the character can't walk and jump on things but I think you still can pick up things Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2012, 03:43 PM by SilentStriker.)
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'd script away all player momement, except mouse movement. Place 4 script areas around the player "North, South, West, East" --> Clicking either of those will teleport the player to the next position. Then I'd make it a full conversion and replace the interaction images with images of my own (hovering the mouse over the movement box would display a walking character for example). After that it's simply to add other script areas for "interaction" (hovering the mouse over these would produce a hand image for example).

Smart naming would save a lot of effort as well :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Find