Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game Changing Itself
billythespaceman Offline

Threads: 1
Game Changing Itself

Hi, I've played through the game and I've watched let's plays etc.
The thing is that everything i see is the exact same. I've heard that the game changes itself so that not everything is the same. Why do I see everything as the same?!? Is the game different the second time you play it or is it the same? Does the game only change if you die? How big are the changes if there are any?

If anybody could please answer I would be very thankful. I've looked around for a while but I can't seem to find an answer.
Thanks.
04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Game Changing Itself

There is really no change at all, everything is scripted. I have played through the game numerous times and all have been the same. It's only when you die that things "change" (monster disappearance that is).

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

The second time I played through this game I actually did notice a lot of different things, most of it was going a different way through a level and hearing different effects or certain things happen. For example, the grunt in the archives after the room caves in, after you leave when you walk up to the caved in rocks on the other a grunt appears behind you but it's just a hallucination. That was a pretty big scare because I thought I'd seen all the monsters in that part :/ Also i think i heard something on the developer commentary about the text in the loading screens changing, about whether hazel lives or dies depending on how you played the game. Not sure how that works though

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

The game has some changes and special effects when you play a different way or need more time.
An example is the wine cellar. When you touched the closed door where you hear the monster on the other side and go into the door left to it (where the laudanum is), there will fall stones from the wall onto a box. This is the normal way. But when you don't touch the closed door before and go into the door left, then there are no stones falling down and there are no boxes on the ground. And when you gon into the room with the chemical, you will hear a grunt open a door, what I never noticed before.

The game is really varied, and if you need more time to play, wou will enjoy more horror effects.
This is really amazing!!
04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

"Changes" I noticed:
- In the archives, after having escaped from the rockslide, go back to inspect the rockslide from the large corridor where you entered. You're welcome. Wink
- In the cistern, get the vaccine before you drain the entrance to the sewers, or the other way around. redirect the sewer water with your sanity at 75 or below.
- Don't get any of the ingredients before you get caught, or get all of them before you get caught.
- There are three endings for the game, and one "super secret" thingie that's hard to find afterwards.
- There are two slightly different routes that you can take, when you are being chased by the water lurker at the Cellar Maze right before the Back Hall.
- There is an oil refill at the dungeons, that you can discover if you use the hammer and chisel at a weak door lock.
- If you don't pick up the oil at the broken window at the animal anatomy study room, the window will break due to something else.
- If you visit the Chancel before you gather all the orb pieces, the right bridge hasn't crumbled yet, allowing you entrance into a bonus room.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 06:06 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-04-2012, 04:03 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: - In the cistern, get the vaccine before you drain the entrance to the sewers, or the other way around.
What happens if you get the vaccine before you drain the sewers? Both times I played I drained the sewers first and I don't really feel like playing that far just to find out...

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-04-2012, 04:23 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 04:03 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: - In the cistern, get the vaccine before you drain the entrance to the sewers, or the other way around.
What happens if you get the vaccine before you drain the sewers? Both times I played I drained the sewers first and I don't really feel like playing that far just to find out...
I just checked the code to make sure, and it appears that it only happens if your sanity is 75 or below upon exiting the sewer redirection area: The shadow appears, and the lurker starts chasing you.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(04-04-2012, 04:03 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: - If you visit the Chancel before you gather all the orb pieces, the right bridge hasn't crumbled yet, allowing you entrance into a bonus room.

Ah this is not really a bonus room.
But yes, when you first collect all orb pieces, you can't go into that room.

I found an other thing.
In the morgue you have to put the syringe into the head.
You can first create the syringe by combining the needle with the pipe, or you can put the pipe first into the head, without combine it and then put the needle on the pipe.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM by Googolplex.)
04-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Find