Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help bb_yellow_lightray.mat rotation trouble [ANSWERED]
Tekkie Offline

Threads: 1
bb_yellow_lightray.mat rotation trouble [ANSWERED]

I had a look around and couldn't find anything that might fix this little problem of mine...

Basically, I've set up a room with a large window and a bb_lightblue_lightray.mat billboard for a lighting effect. I wanted it to look as though light was streaming through the window, however, when I come to add the bb_yellow_lightray.mat streams, they will not rotate. I can see the box changing shape to indicate that it's rotating, but the actual stream isn't rotating at all, and when I test it out in-game, it's just a straight vertical beam of light as opposed to the 45 degree angle stream I wanted. I've run out of ideas on how to fix it, this is the first problem i've encountered with the level editor, other than the bone_pile_human2 entity freeing the whole thing. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm kinda stuck for what to do and I don't want to continue mapping with crappy lighting effects.

My Youtube Channel: Check out my channel, it's fairly new, but at least the toilets work!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 08:49 AM by Tekkie.)
04-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Website Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: bb_yellow_lightray.mat rotation trouble

Look under the billboard tab, and look at Billboard Type.

Point will mean that it's always facing you, and is the default setting. That's why it's not rotating for you, the light rays will basically always be swiveling around to shine directly at the player, or the camera in the case of the level editor.

Axis will fix it to a single axis that it will rotate around. This is best for light rays so that when you walk through them, they will rotate around the axis and seem three-dimensional.

Fixed Axis will lock it completely. It makes light rays look completely flat when you walk through them.

You will be able to rotate it just fine if you set it to one of the other types, and playing with these settings will give you a better sense of how they work.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 08:41 AM by Damascus.)
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Find
Tekkie Offline

Threads: 1
RE: bb_yellow_lightray.mat rotation trouble

Aha! Thank you very much for the quick response, it was bugging the crap out of me >.> Now I'll hopefully be able to produce a decent enough map... ^.^ This is why I couldn't find a 'fix' for it... I was under the impression that it was a glitch, as opposed to it being a feature. Silly me XD

My Youtube Channel: Check out my channel, it's fairly new, but at least the toilets work!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 08:47 AM by Tekkie.)
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Website Find