Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Kinda maybe deleted my savegame and dont wanna redo everything :(
ThaMurdera Offline

Threads: 2
Kinda maybe deleted my savegame and dont wanna redo everything :(

Hey guys, I was playing ATDD last night, just started the main story and got the point where you go down an elevator and it breaks. And you're near the place you have to drain the water and stuff... But I kinda had a bacardi or... 4 and sort of deleted my savegame. I'm really not in the mood to re-do everything. Can some one give me their savegame?

Thanks.

P.S I don't have autosave on, sadly Sad
04-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Kinda maybe deleted my savegame and dont wanna redo everything :(

After accidentally restarting the game after beating it, I discovered that I still have all the checkpoint savefiles in my savefolder, but I don't know how to load them. Maybe if I enable quickload and use some weird parameters?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Find
ThaMurdera Offline

(04-14-2012, 11:22 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: After accidentally restarting the game after beating it, I discovered that I still have all the checkpoint savefiles in my savefolder, but I don't know how to load them. Maybe if I enable quickload and use some weird parameters?
Is that in
C:\Users\*name*\Documents\Amnesia\Main?
Because I deleted the actual account...
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-14-2012, 03:36 PM)ThaMurdera Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 11:22 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: After accidentally restarting the game after beating it, I discovered that I still have all the checkpoint savefiles in my savefolder, but I don't know how to load them. Maybe if I enable quickload and use some weird parameters?
Is that in
C:\Users\*name*\Documents\Amnesia\Main?
Because I deleted the actual account...
All the autosaves are in the account sub-folder of that path, yes, so... ...sucks to be you. It could be worse, though. The elevator part isn't even half-way through the game, so you can easily replay it.

04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(04-14-2012, 03:43 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: All the autosaves are in the account sub-folder of that path, yes, so... ...sucks to be you. It could be worse, though. The elevator part isn't even half-way through the game, so you can easily replay it.
I am going to highly doubt he wants to do the Water Monster and the Storage again.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-14-2012, 05:01 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I am going to highly doubt he wants to do the Water Monster and the Storage again.
...because those sections are scary? (...and he bought Amnesia because he wanted to play something that wasn't?)

04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
ThaMurdera Offline

(04-14-2012, 05:09 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 05:01 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I am going to highly doubt he wants to do the Water Monster and the Storage again.
...because those sections are scary? (...and he bought Amnesia because he wanted to play something that wasn't?)
You've got a point. I bought the game to be scared. Its just that I don't wanna go thru about 2 hours of shit i've already done... ._. Can some one give me their savegame? (retail, not steam)

***EDIT***
I just DL'ed a savegame from here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html
From almost exactly where I left off Big Grin
Thanks for your help everyone. Thread can be closed
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 05:47 PM by ThaMurdera.)
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(04-14-2012, 05:09 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
Yes, that's exactly why (Not the buying Amnesia for something that's not scary part, but the other bit). How many people never wanted to go back into the Storage and Water Monster area after playing the game? I'd say about a quarter/a half of them.

When I lost my game save on my first play through, and realized I had to re do those two parts, I literally screamed. I honestly still find them horrifying, even after playing through the game like, 6 times. Every time I have to do those parts, it takes me time, and during that time, it involves a lot of sweating, shaking, and screaming.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-15-2012, 09:04 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Yes, that's exactly why (Not the buying Amnesia for something that's not scary part, but the other bit). How many people never wanted to go back into the Storage and Water Monster area after playing the game? I'd say about a quarter/a half of them.

When I lost my game save on my first play through, and realized I had to re do those two parts, I literally screamed. I honestly still find them horrifying, even after playing through the game like, 6 times. Every time I have to do those parts, it takes me time, and during that time, it involves a lot of sweating, shaking, and screaming.
I wish there were more water parts in Amnesia. ...and big spiders. ...and sharks. Maybe shark spiders. Flying shark spiders, with nightvision. Smile
Now, I'd hate to even see such a thing, but that's what horror gaming is about: Man-ing up and facing your fears.

04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-15-2012, 09:37 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Now, I'd hate to even see such a thing, but that's what horror gaming is about: Man-ing up and facing your fears.
Maybe that's why you play horror games, to be a man.. but a lot of people play them just cuz they like getting the crap scared out of them. Be it they love the feel of adrenaline or whatever.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Find