Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Files Help Note Wont appear in my mod
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102
Note Wont appear in my mod

Hey my notes dosn't work on my full con mod :/

How do i fix this i think all files is right?...

GameLanguageFolder = "test_mod/config/lang"

what is wrong ???? my lang is named "english.lang"

what can i do to fix this ?!?!? check out my other issues with config please! (Got A thread named "Mod Error") check it out to , if you can help me i will rep you! Smile //LetsPlayHorrorGame Aka JessehMusic Prod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Note Wont appear in my mod

(04-16-2012, 01:54 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: Hey my notes dosn't work on my full con mod :/

How do i fix this i think all files is right?...

GameLanguageFolder = "test_mod/config/lang"

what is wrong ???? my lang is named "english.lang"

what can i do to fix this ?!?!? check out my other issues with config please! (Got A thread named "Mod Error") check it out to , if you can help me i will rep you! Smile //LetsPlayHorrorGame Aka JessehMusic Prod
1. Backup your lang file by saving the lang file as something else.
2. Make a minimal basic lang file, with a simple test note, and save it as the current lang file.
3. Test to see if the basic lang file works.
4. If it doesn't, post the basic lang file here.
5. If it does, you've made some errors in the formatting. If you can't find them, post the backuped lang file here.

Oh, and step 0: Since YourComputer is the expert on this, send him a PM about it.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 02:01 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

(04-16-2012, 01:54 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: Since YourComputer is the expert on this, send him a PM about it.
^

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM by JetlinerX.)
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Make sure the GameLanguageFolder path in your main_init.cfg points to test_mod/config/lang and that your lang file doesn't have errors in it. Easiest way is to open it in a program like Notepad++ (or any other program with syntax highlighting) and set it to XML. See if you can spot any discrepancies.

04-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-16-2012, 05:04 PM)palistov Wrote: Make sure the GameLanguageFolder path in your main_init.cfg points to test_mod/config/lang and that your lang file doesn't have errors in it. Easiest way is to open it in a program like Notepad++ (or any other program with syntax highlighting) and set it to XML. See if you can spot any discrepancies.
My Lang don't works at all now :S

04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Don't suggest to anyone to PM me for their development issues, especially if there is a topic on it already.

As for the current issue, if Directories::GameLanguageFolder = "test_mod/config/lang" and ConfigFiles:Big GrinefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang" and english.lang is in test_mod/config/lang and notes don't work, then the english.lang file was constructed improperly.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Website Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-16-2012, 10:07 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Don't suggest to anyone to PM me for their development issues, especially if there is a topic on it already.

As for the current issue, if Directories::GameLanguageFolder = "test_mod/config/lang" and ConfigFiles:Big GrinefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang" and english.lang is in test_mod/config/lang and notes don't work, then the english.lang file was constructed improperly.
so what i have to do???????

04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-16-2012, 11:03 PM)jessehmusic Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 10:07 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Don't suggest to anyone to PM me for their development issues, especially if there is a topic on it already.

If everything is in place, and it still doesn't work, then post your lang file and they'll spot the errors easily. (I'll be going to bed myself.)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-17-2012, 12:16 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 11:03 PM)jessehmusic Wrote:

If everything is in place, and it still doesn't work, then post your lang file and they'll spot the errors easily. (I'll be going to bed myself.)
i give the lang when i get home ,

here is the lang.

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
<Directory Path="fonts/eng" />
<Directory Path="lang/eng" />
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Patient_Name">Patient, Eric</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Patient_Text">1 July 2001 , an patient called Eric arrived today , the report says he is in coma , take care of him in the "Emergancy Hall"</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Patient1_Name">Patient , Richard</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Patient1_Text">3 July 2001 , an patient called Richard arrvied with some disease , never seen something like that before , take him down to the "Disease hall"</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 02:14 PM by jessehmusic.)
04-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Website Find
jessehmusic Offline

help please?!

04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Website Find