Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cooking and Baking!
KeenPeachK Offline

Threads: 3
Heart  Cooking and Baking!

So, there have got to be members of the community that love cooking and baking and such. Smile I'd love to discuss food with you all, so here are some questions:

1) What is your favorite quickie meal? Something that doesn't involve microwaving and instant stuff.

2) What is your favorite complicated dish and how long did it take you to get it just right?

3) If you do bake, what's the most complex thing you've ever made?

4) Anything you've made that seemed like it would be awesome and wound up utterly disappointing?

---

For me, I'd say:

1) Cheapo "Jambalaya". It's basically smoked sausage, diced tomatoes, a can of sweet corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and a bit of sugar all stewed together and served over white rice. ><; I could eat it for days.

2) Lasagna. My dad used to make the most perfect lasagna and it took me at least 5 tries to get it right since I never got the recipe from him. It's also fairly tedious.

3) Souffle. I ruined the first two sets I tried to make. XD

4) Ummm...I'd say it would have to be a pot of chicken and dumplings I tried to make once. Biiiiig let down. I might try it again one day.

04-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Cooking and Baking!

1) Sandvich
Spoiler below!
[Image: sandvich.png]

2) Sunny-side up eggs. About 8 years, its really hard getting them white in the center, crispy on the outside and runny in the inside all at once.

3) Brownies

4) Liver *shiver*

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 04:23 PM by Rapture.)
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Find
KeenPeachK Offline

Threads: 3

(04-23-2012, 04:21 PM)Rapture Wrote: 1) Sandvich
Spoiler below!
[Image: sandvich.png]

2) Sunny-side up eggs. About 8 years, its really hard getting them white in the center, crispy on the outside and runny in the inside all at once.

3) Brownies

4) Liver *shiver*
That is the most amazing picture...XD

Also: I hear you on the sunny-side up eggs thing. I usually make my over easy because I'm lazy and impatient. XD

04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Website Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

I find this thread.. cute.
1. Macaroni and cheese, home-made and with bowties.. because I love bowties. I'm also pasta's #1 fan, so I'll eat anything that includes noodles and/or is Italian. <3
2. Hmm.. I remember when my dad got a promotion, I made him this giant vanilla-fudge marble bundt cake. I ran around screaming "BUTT CAKE!" all day.
3. I made chrusciki with my mother once. It's a popular Polish dessert. Pretty much you fry some dough and throw powdered sugar on them. But they're oh so yummy.. thank god I'm Polish. : D
4. I once used vegan butter in my macaroni and cheese, which tasted utterly horrible, and figured it would taste better if I added spices. I added onion powder: not bad, but I could still taste it. Then I ruined it by adding cayenne, and ruined it again by adding sugar because it was too spicy. There were leftovers and I had to finish that shit. Lol.
Something I encourage you guys to try (if you enjoy potstickers/asian dumplings) is to make home-made dumplings. They are so good. I made them with my sister, and the only problem we had was the dough sticking to the plate. Also make crepes from scratch. I'm drooling thinking about them.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
04-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

finally a thread for women xP
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(04-23-2012, 09:31 PM)Arvuti Wrote: finally a thread for women xP
Yeah, we'll stay in the kitchen. It's where the knives are.
[Image: If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png] LOL. I'm kidding. :3

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

when I am going to move out and live by myself I am probably going to starve to death because I can't cook worth for shit.

[Image: Home-simpson-fire-cereal-epic-fail.jpg]
04-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

(04-22-2012, 12:20 AM)KeenPeachK Wrote: So, there have got to be members of the community that love cooking and baking and such. Smile I'd love to discuss food with you all, so here are some questions:

1) What is your favorite quickie meal? Something that doesn't involve microwaving and instant stuff.

2) What is your favorite complicated dish and how long did it take you to get it just right?

3) If you do bake, what's the most complex thing you've ever made?

4) Anything you've made that seemed like it would be awesome and wound up utterly disappointing?

---

For me, I'd say:

1) Cheapo "Jambalaya". It's basically smoked sausage, diced tomatoes, a can of sweet corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and a bit of sugar all stewed together and served over white rice. ><; I could eat it for days.

2) Lasagna. My dad used to make the most perfect lasagna and it took me at least 5 tries to get it right since I never got the recipe from him. It's also fairly tedious.

3) Souffle. I ruined the first two sets I tried to make. XD

4) Ummm...I'd say it would have to be a pot of chicken and dumplings I tried to make once. Biiiiig let down. I might try it again one day.

Oh jeez, lasagna,mmm. Damn I'm so freaking hungry now, but I can't cook a salad..

04-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-23-2012, 11:55 PM)Arvuti Wrote: when I am going to move out and live by myself I am probably going to starve to death because I can't cook worth for shit.

[Image: Home-simpson-fire-cereal-epic-fail.jpg]
Trust me on this one, microwavable everything is the way to go.

Posting Freak
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

There are about as many men that cook as there are women that cook (probably even more men than women). As for me, i've only perfected two dishes, and it took a few weeks to get it just right. One of them is easier to produce since it's all done in the rice cooker. I don't have any special names for my two perfected dishes, but only through the perfection process have i been disappointed by my meals. Oh, and i don't bake.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Website Find