Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Fiddling with Insanity effects
AdirtyPeanut Offline

Threads: 1
Fiddling with Insanity effects

Hi Guys

I'm doing a research project for my university that involves looking at character agency, specifically the effects of daniel slowly going insane with terror as he witness disturbing events and scary environments, and how this might emotionally affect the player.

My question is: Is it possible through scripting (or removal of scripting) to remove the agency of daniel (character's ability to act on it's own accord) so that I can compare the reactions of players interacting with activated and de-activated character agency?

For example, I would need Daniel to no longer breathe heavily, blur vision and grind teeth around sanity reducing stimulus (monsters, darkness etc) or experience widened vision and automatic camera movement to points of interest. I'm a real nooblet when it comes to scripting, so as I fumble around learning it, I would appreciate any advice that could be given or if I am wasting my time.

Thanks Smile

04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Fiddling with Insanity effects

Short answer: Yes.
I've seen the insanity effect scripts in a .hps or .cfg file somewhere. The non-map-specific map files aren't that many, so they won't take long to browse through.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Find