Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Adding a Facecam in your videos.
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3
Adding a Facecam in your videos.

Greetings fellow forum dwellers.

So, I am getting tons of questions on how I add a facecam to my youtube videos. So I figured I would put up a quick toturial for it here in the forums for everyone to see. It's really simple once you get the the hang of it, so there is no reason not to make this quick tutorial.

(Keep in mind that I personally use a regular camera with a memory stick and not a webcam. I also use fraps to record gameplay/commentary. OPSYS: Win 7, might matter a little when you record sound etc.)

1: Set up Fraps as you would usually do before a commentary. Make sure it records your external input (mic) and set the game to 1280x720p or 1920x1080p res. (That will result in a 16:9 widescreen video so it doesn't leave black lines on youtube.)

2: Set up you camera so it caps your face. (or other body parts if you prefer. O.o )

3: Start recording with fraps and the camera. The more simultaneous you start them the easier it will be to sync them. Doesn't matter that much tough.

4: Move your fraps file and imported video file from the camera into sony vegas. Sync the two videos and then remove the sound for the camera file, since that mic usually sucks and in this case will create an echo.

5: Make sure the facecam is in the top layer and use the crop/zoom feature to move it into a corner of choice.
And it's done Smile

I might make a video showing this at a later time. Since people who are new to video editing might find it hard to access all features in the softwares. Hope this helped tough! Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 11:23 PM by CrazyShootin.)
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Website Find