Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grunt Animation Help? (There's also a broken monster in here)
JPPaperstacks Offline

Threads: 4
Question  Grunt Animation Help? (There's also a broken monster in here)

Hello there. Smile I've recently gotten dead serious about learning this editor, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a animation that could be floating around for the Grunt that's crouching? Crouchable. I haven't heard of one, nor looked for it yet, but I wondered about it and thought about it's uses. If not could someone point me to a tutorial that could show me how to make one? Big Grin Sorry. Haha.

Hopefully that can move while crouching in certain directions?
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2012, 11:18 AM by JPPaperstacks.)
05-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Grunt Animation Help?

1. There is not.
2. Wrong section of the forum, I'm moving this thread.
05-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

1. there is none, though it can be created with:

2. maya.use the searchtab in the forum. acies has made a very decent tutorial in the development archives section.

you really should search the forums before asking these questions. i know its a drag to search around, rather than getting an answer handed to ya, but its to prevent clutter in the forums

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Find
JPPaperstacks Offline

I was wondering where would have been the right place to post this?
And thank you darkadders for the advice, I've started trying to learn how to do it.

Also, I was wondering what could be the best way to make a status menu? Kind of like the inventory, but allows you to display lines of information about what could be currently affecting your character like an RPG? Maybe so I can assign it to a key so it can fade on to the screen and fade off when the key is not being pressed anymore, and the information is fed via scripts in the HPS documents? I have a wonderful concept I'm working on ahead of time in high hopes for the HPL3 Engine. It'll be powerful.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM by JPPaperstacks.)
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(05-25-2012, 12:34 PM)JPPaperstacks Wrote: I was wondering where would have been the right place to post this?
And thank you darkadders for the advice, I've started trying to learn how to do it.

Also, I was wondering what could be the best way to make a status menu? Kind of like the inventory, but allows you to display lines of information about what could be currently affecting your character like an RPG? Maybe so I can assign it to a key so it can fade on to the screen and fade off when the key is not being pressed anymore, and the information is fed via scripts in the HPS documents? I have a wonderful concept I'm working on ahead of time in high hopes for the HPL3 Engine. It'll be powerful.
im reaallyy sketcy on the subject of menus. i suppose they use alphamaps to make some parts invisible.

make a copy of the inventory .png (or .dds, .tga; not sure) to your desktop and open it up into photoshop.

i suppose the easiest way to make a custom one is to branch your own inventory skin off of the settings of the default. (like, you make the menu as a layer ontop of the actual inventory, and then copy it over to a new untitled file.)

im nearly certain im missing a few parts. i wouldnt trust my direction on this thing completely; id rather ask someone who has actually done it. you can experiment with my suggestions, though.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM by Mine Turtle.)
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Find
JPPaperstacks Offline

(05-25-2012, 12:45 PM)darkadders Wrote:
(05-25-2012, 12:34 PM)JPPaperstacks Wrote: I was wondering where would have been the right place to post this?

im reaallyy sketcy on the subject of menus. i suppose they use alphamaps to make some parts invisible.

make a copy of the inventory .png (or .dds, .tga; not sure) to your desktop and open it up into photoshop.

i suppose the easiest way to make a custom one is to branch your own inventory skin off of the settings of the default. (like, you make the menu as a layer ontop of the actual inventory, and then copy it over to a new untitled file.)

im nearly certain im missing a few parts. i wouldnt trust my direction on this thing completely; id rather ask someone who has actually done it. you can experiment with my suggestions, though.
I figured it would make it easier to copy the inventory and try that way. I'll have to make a backup Amnesia folder because every time I try to "revolutionize" something it breaks. If I found out anything I'll tell you, because it's a subject that gets left rather untouched by these forums. I may have to delete this thread though because the main purpose was for a crawling grunt animation- or just extra animations that can be added to the Grunt as a surprise really for players that think they know what to expect out of the monsters, and I just can't get animation down. Plus I really need to show people this monster I found that I'm certain includes animations- but I don't know if they are compatible in any way with Amnesia.

Here's the creature!
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21755308/...racter.zip

His legs look really... bendy. Hopefully someone can see what's up with him, or it gets spread around.
I found it on this website just so everyone knows that I did not make it- nor do I have the ability.

http://www.3drt.com/downloads.htm

And no infringement intended I guess.

Attached Files
.jpg   free-3d-animated-monster-01.jpg (Size: 48.65 KB / Downloads: 128)
.jpg   free-3d-animated-monster-02.jpg (Size: 43.76 KB / Downloads: 130)
.jpg   free-3d-animated-monster-03.jpg (Size: 48.05 KB / Downloads: 123)
.jpg   free-3d-animated-monster-04.jpg (Size: 47.05 KB / Downloads: 124)
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I opened the Maya binary file. It seems like his animations need to be cropped, as the creator animated each movement in one whole file. A little risky, but this guy is completely possible to implement into Amnesia. Especially considering he has the necessary animations to make him a monster already. (things such as walking, running, attacking)

Just noticed he has a bad vertice on his ribs that's attached to his knee joint... That looks bad >>
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2012, 08:56 PM by Statyk.)
05-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
JPPaperstacks Offline

(05-26-2012, 08:54 PM)Statyk Wrote: I opened the Maya binary file. It seems like his animations need to be cropped, as the creator animated each movement in one whole file. A little risky, but this guy is completely possible to implement into Amnesia. Especially considering he has the necessary animations to make him a monster already. (things such as walking, running, attacking)

Just noticed he has a bad vertice on his ribs that's attached to his knee joint... That looks bad >>
Thank you for replying so quick! Smile I didn't have any high hopes for him, but it sounds like he's the closest thing to a custom Amnesia monster I've came across yet. (That could be useable in game I mean.) Besides the unbirth infected from Penumbra and the undead dog. I'll need to see if there's an animator willing to attempt to fix him anywhere on here. It took me forever to find this little dude, it'd be a shame if he got snuffed out before he even started. Thanks again Statyk.
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Find