Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Amnesia - Abomination
Twitchez Offline

Threads: 17
Amnesia - Abomination

Hey Everyone! Big Grin

[Image: wallpaperpq.jpg]

The time has finally come - we will release a project that me and MisterKrister have been working on since the Autumn. As a final project in High School before graduating, we will release a mod which design is fully based on our real life school - Erik Dahlbergsgymnasiet in Sweden.

Description:

Immerse yourself into the High School of Erik Dahlberg in the 19th century, where a mysterious but deadly disease has erupted among all the students. Causing something close to a genocide but without a definite explanation. Are you willing to put your life at stake to find out why?

Features:
  • Map Design based on a real life High School - Erik Dahlbergsgymnasiet
  • Over 60 megabytes of Custom Voice Acting and Custom Music
  • Almost 3000 lines of code
  • An intense story about the students - and what happend to them...
  • Over 2 hours of gameplay
  • Lots of puzzles
  • Little to no jumpscares - we have focused on the atmosphere!
MoDDB link[url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-abomination[/url]
[Image: 43328.png]
Media-Fire direct download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qcb8aucnja63vff

***EDIT:BOTH LINKS ARE NOW VERSION 1.2 (update if you are suffering from bugs!) AND PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE VERSION 1.2 (also known as Justine installed) or your game will not work properly! Free Download here! http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7403.html

[Image: screenshot3nr.png]

A big thank-you to the amazing people at the dev-support section - especially SUMMER^, YourComputer, CrankyOldMan and Putmalk! We started from knowing absolutely nothing to a full 2-hour mod with everything we ever wanted.

Enjoy!

//All the best

Twitchez and MisterKrister
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 11:44 PM by Twitchez.)
05-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Find
Gijake1 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia - Abomination

You may need a video of some screens before we play.

...Just in case. It's going to take some time for your things to be approved a Mobd.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 02:11 PM by Gijake1.)
05-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-27-2012, 02:07 PM)Gijake1 Wrote: You may need a video of some screens before we play.

...Just in case.
They are on my ModDB page, sorry I forgot. It can't be viewed before it's been authorised, I will upload some in the thread Smile

Project Backround:

In the Autumn of 2011, an idea grew to make our entire school as a Custom Story, with voice-acting, a story, puzzles, a horrifying atmosphere combined with music which would give you the chills. Back then, we knew nothing about HPL2. Myself(Twitchez) didn't know a line of Angle Script, even though I had programmed a bit in Java and C#.

We started browsing the forums. Reading over and over again, searching the forums and using the tutorials given. While MisterKrister focused on Level Design, I wondered how we would combine this with puzzles that would made sense in the story. What kind of scary events make your spine shiver?

Frequently, we had to hand in reports on our progress. It all summed up to a 23-page long report (in Swedish) about how we learnt, made and released our finished product. We have learnt incredibly much during this time, and got to know so many talented and awesome people. We hope you will enjoy playing this, as much as we enjoyed making it.

[Image: screenshot2zr.png]

[Image: screenshot1mv.png]

Great LP:ers:

Pil

*PM Me to be added here! Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 05:08 PM by Twitchez.)
05-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Find
Gijake1 Offline

Threads: 2

(05-27-2012, 02:10 PM)Twitchez Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 02:07 PM)Gijake1 Wrote: You may need a video of some screens before we play.

...Just in case.
They are on my ModDB page, sorry I forgot. It can't be viewed before it's been authorised, I will upload some in the thread Smile
Thanks.

I might go give it a shot, I'm curious.
05-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

im downloading it right now =D

EDIT:LOL the voice of the voice actors is so funny ^^
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM by Gaviao.)
05-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Find
Shartor Offline

Threads: 0

- There's alot of awesome puzzles in this mod, don't give up if you cant figure out how to go on.
Read notes and explore every inch of the map and you'll be able to do it.

I beta tested this and it took me really long time to complete this, 3 hours minimum, and that's with the help from twitchez and MisterKrister.

Best part though is the story, they spent alot of time creating this story and it turned out great. I'm not gonna spoil anything, play it and be amazed! And as the person above me posted, the voice actors are funny as hell!

------

Don't forget if you find any bugs to PM MisterKrister or Twitchez so they can fix it as soon as possible.

------

//Shartor
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 06:40 PM by Shartor.)
05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-27-2012, 06:26 PM)Shartor Wrote: - There's alot of awesome puzzles in this mod, don't give up if you cant figure out how to go on.
Read notes and explore every inch of the map and you'll be able to do it.

I beta tested this and it took me really long time to complete this, 3 hours minimum, and that's with the help from twitchez and MisterKrister.

Best part though is the story, they spent alot of time creating this story and it turned out great. I'm not gonna spoil anything, play it and be amazed! And as the person above me posted, the voice actors are funny as hell!

------

Don't forget if you find any bugs to PM MisterKrister or Twitchez so they can fix it as soon as possible.

------

//Shartor
Thanks a lot Shartor. He is a great beta-tester and was always there to assist us.

I can just agree: We put a lot of time and effort into creating alternativ puzzles combinations Smile Here's another screenshot for you!

[Image: screenshot4png.png]
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
Shartor Offline

Threads: 0

I'm gonna play this game again to see if there are any more bugs to be find and i'll be livestreaming it at:

http://www.twitch.tv/shartor

Starting at 22.00 - Paris Time - Webcam will be on aswell and you'll be able to see my reaction. And if i look bored that's just my face Smile

If you missed the stream dont worry, just go to this link and you can watch to whole video: Full Video
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 12:29 AM by Shartor.)
05-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

i got stuck in the
Spoiler below!
in the part of the mansion when the heavy gate open... you need the richard´s key to open what? i tried every door and nothing!!
05-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-27-2012, 08:51 PM)Gaviao Wrote: i got stuck in the
Spoiler below!
in the part of the mansion when the heavy gate open... you need the richard´s key to open what? i tried every door and nothing!!
Spoiler below!
This part is a bit tricky. You have a key to "lock/unlock" your room, as it says in the description. If you walk into a certain room it says "This reminds me of my room...", and if you close that door in that room, you can lock yourself in... Wink Hope that helped!

Amnesia - Abomination Ask me about anything :)
05-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Find