Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The new Tomb Raider looks like a Horror-Adventure!
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
The new Tomb Raider looks like a Horror-Adventure!

I think it looks amazing, but I hope the gameplay will not be only with Cutscenes and QTEs.

But the game itself looks really great. What you think?

06-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The new Tomb Raider looks like a Horror-Adventure!

the fuck is this, an american game that you don't hate, the world must be coming to an end.

Yeah it looks cool, and I know one of the programmers who works at crystal dynamics :yow:
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Neh, it's not a horror game, it's just a grittier verision on what we've already seen.
It looks like a neat reboot to the series though.
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

It doesnt look that bad! Definitely not a horror game. I kinda prefer the badass lara croft compared to this one. Bow and arrow looks pretty neat.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

06-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(06-01-2012, 04:10 PM)Arvuti Wrote: the fuck is this, an american game that you don't hate, the world must be coming to an end.

Yeah it looks cool, and I know one of the programmers who works at crystal dynamics :yow:

I also like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Need For Speed: Porsche and Need For Speed: High Stakes. This also are american games and Indiana Jones is the best game of all in my opinion - even better than Amnesia and Penumbra.

Nothing to america, but most games of america today only are developed for most money action teenage casual. Not really decent and credible likt it was in earlier times. But don't start this discussion again!!!
You know someone at CrystalDynamics? That's cool, I also know all the devs of Gothic and Risen series, they life near my home.

(06-01-2012, 04:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: Neh, it's not a horror game, it's just a grittier verision on what we've already seen.

It'll definitely not be a reboot, it will be completely different than all previous Tomb Raider titles.
The devs said you should forget all about Tomb Raider, this is a new era and a really fantastic game at now.
- words of the devs.

When you watch the trailer, it looks like a horror adventure to me.
But I really hope this will not only be a QTE action, click, click, [Press Space], click, crap.

(06-01-2012, 05:42 PM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: It doesnt look that bad! Definitely not a horror game. I kinda prefer the badass lara croft compared to this one. Bow and arrow looks pretty neat.

What is a horror game in your opinion, except Penumbra & Amnesia?
I think, there are some others, but as it looks like, Tomb Raider will have horror elements.
It just looks like! We will see when the game is released.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM by Googolplex.)
06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Looks cool, but indeed I fear that there will be lots of cutscenes and QTE. And unfortunately the supernatural elements seems like they're missing from the game.

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine is a very good game, but from what I remember it was a Tomb Raider clone. Sure, a good Tomb Raider clone, I'd say better than TR2 & TR5, perhaps even better than TR4.
06-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(06-01-2012, 05:44 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 04:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: Neh, it's not a horror game, it's just a grittier verision on what we've already seen.

It'll definitely not be a reboot, it will be completely different than all previous Tomb Raider titles.
The devs said you should forget all about Tomb Raider, this is a new era and a really fantastic game at now.
- words of the devs.
Uhm, yes.... That's the one and only definition of a reboot don't you think? Forget everything and start over? That's exactly what it is. ^^'
06-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Not at all a fan of the new Lara, much prefer the older one for her accent/personality.

sadface

Insanity. Static.
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(06-03-2012, 08:54 PM)Juby Wrote: Not at all a fan of the new Lara, much prefer the older one for her accent/personality.

sadface
uhh character development, Lara wasn't born a badass, she had to become one x)
06-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I hope their isn't to much click "A" "B" "C" to complete a scripted event.
06-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Find