Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Files Help Full conversion inexplicably not working...
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Full conversion inexplicably not working...

Hello all, I'm having a problem getting my full conversion to work. I wanted to use the new lantern model I downloaded, and decided turning this story into a Full Conversion would give it the flair needed to make it unique (since it's not got anything to do with Amnesia), so I copied my files into all the appropriate folders, locations, and so on. I renamed all I need to within the config files, even going so far as to completely copy my process from my story Deterioration, however it doesn't work! Amnesia crashes every time, and at this point I've fiddled with everything for about 4-5 hours, and I am just fed up. I followed multiple tutorials, used other FCs as a base to work off of, and still it doesn't work. Could anyone with knowledge please take a look? I've included the packaged files here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?asqeli05qluamm9

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Full conversion inexplicably not working...

1) Empty lang entry name -- line 21.
2) " surrounding Machine Room (or something like that) in lang entry content at line 10 -- I've had this cause problems.
3) english.lang is missing some content. Put this after the LANGUAGE opening tag.

PHP Code: (Select All)
<RESOURCES>
    <
Directory Path="fonts/eng" />
    <
Directory Path="lang/eng" />
  </
RESOURCES

4) pre_menu.cfg is missing a lot of content. Fix that up.

I addressed those issues and it is now working for me.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 08:46 AM by palistov.)
06-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

oh palistov, you always know what to say :3

I spent forever trying to fix this and I never even thought that those things were the problem. It works like a charm- and of course, after loading it, I realized that some things were all in the wrong place in the file hierarchy, causing some messed up sounds to play! For example, there was not supposed to be this annoying laugh playing on repeat during the main menu, it was supposed to be the main theme.

Thank you!

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

My pleasure! Good luck with this story. I like the main menu music Smile

06-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Find