Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant figure out how to bring in my own images to editor.
smallbusrider Offline

Threads: 1
Cant figure out how to bring in my own images to editor.

Hello everyone!

I decided as of yesterday to learn how to make maps and custom games with the amnesia client.

After much work to get everything correctly setup (and to where I could finally see my map in the custom games option in the actual game), I am still trying to learn some tips and tricks. I have no experience really in coding, so all I am really familiar with is creating a level and being able to see it in game.

What I would like to do now is change the texture of a portrait, so that it shows a picture of myself or whatever I so desire to be hung proudly on the wall of my mansion.

I cannot seem to get it, and I figured I would ask the experts. What is the tactic?!

I have found a solution I thought to work. What I did was I hung a frame up on the wall, then I created a primitive plan and flipped it so it was essentially a textured floor on the wall, and I was able to fit it PERFECTLY into the frame, so it did the trick for me, and I was happy. However, I soon realized it wouldn't load the texture I had in the level editor (which it correctly displayed) when I actually played the game. It would display it only the textures that were already in the game, for example, I could change it to dungeon_floor and it would appear in the game, but with my custom .jpg image that I used material editor on to convert into a .mat file, and then used a program to convert the same .jpg file to .dds (both which it looked like it needed), it still wont display IN game, only on the level editor.

Whats going on here, what must I do?

Thanks.
06-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Cant figure out how to bring in my own images to editor.

Where'd you store your custom image?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Website Find
smallbusrider Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Cant figure out how to bring in my own images to editor.

(06-04-2012, 08:14 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Where'd you store your custom image?
Its on my desktop, but I saved the .dds and .mat files into the same folder as the other floor patterns.
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Find