Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary voice problem.
pontusry Offline

Threads: 10
Diary voice problem.

After following a guide made by ThisIsYourComputer about adding voices to your diaries, I still can't make it work.

I tried over and over but it never works, on THIS custom story. That's the problem, I made a new CS (as a test) and it worked on the first try.

I think you get the drift, so here's some info that you can use if you want to help me out. I PUT THEM AS SPOILERS TO MAKE THE POST "SMALLER".

HPL log error:
Spoiler below!

ERROR: Couldn't load sound stream 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Aaron's Travels/voices/Diaries/June4.ogg'
ERROR: Could not load sound 'June4.ogg'
ERROR: Can't find sound 'June4.ogg'!
ERROR: Couldn't load sound stream 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Aaron's Travels/voices/Diaries/May30.ogg'
ERROR: Could not load sound 'May30.ogg'
ERROR: Can't find sound 'May30.ogg'!
ERROR: Couldn't load sound stream 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Aaron's Travels/voices/Diaries/May28.ogg'
ERROR: Could not load sound 'May28.ogg'
ERROR: Can't find sound 'May28.ogg'!

My extra_english.lang:
Spoiler below!

<Entry Name="Diary_28May_Name1">Truth serum progression</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_28May_Text1">
[voice May28.ogg][br]
28th of May, 1677. The serum is getting on my nerves, it's still not working properly. More and more people are missing everyday, all because of me. I need to test it on someone of course, but I never thought I'd fail this much.
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_30May_Name1">Truth serum progression</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_30May_Text1">
[voice May30.ogg][br]
30th of May, 1677. People are knocking on my door, asking questions I sure as hell cannot answer with honesty. Acting innocent and neat has never been this difficult, I'm so nervous. I need to finish my work and get out of here.
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_June_Name1">A working truth serum, finally</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_June_Text1">
[voice June4.ogg][br]
4th of June, 1677. The serum is complete, but I cannot claim the glory for making the first ever truth serum yet, just not yet. I've killed and tortured so many young, old and innocent people that it's time for me to leave the country. I must be patient, waiting a few months to let the mystery of missing people remain can't be that hard. Aaron, if you see this... you have to leave, sorry for not taking you with me and also for not telling you about this. The front door is jammed from the other side, no one but me and you knows about the secret passage beneath the storage here in the cellar. You have never seen how far it is though, the passage is not a 5 minute walk. It goes all the way here from Gallington to Lannerfield, but you can't stay... you have to go. Meet at the Bishop's Inn , I will leave the 8th so you must hurry, if you want to go with me.
</Entry>

THE ENTRY NAMES FOR THE DIARIES IN THE EDITOR MATCH THE ONES IN THE LANG FILE, I'VE CHECK THAT SO MANY TIMES I THINK I WILL DIE IF I LOOK AGAIN.

Thanks in advance.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough.
06-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Diary voice problem.

The only "solution" i can provide is the one found here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid120797

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Website Find
pontusry Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Diary voice problem.

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

I tried another solution that I found in the thread you directed me to. And it worked, I can finally keep going on with my mod.

Solution:

Before:
[voice 28May.ogg][br]
After:
[br][voice 28May.ogg][br]

If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM by pontusry.)
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Find