Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Musician / Composer For Hire!
Mathiasz Offline

Threads: 2
Musician / Composer For Hire!

Hi everyone!

My name is Mathias, I'm 15 years old and I'm new here at the Frictional Games forums.
I've played and finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent and all the Penumbra games - I love them!

I am a musician/composer - looking for a custom story to produce music for.
So far, I am doing it all for free, but I'd like to point out that I won't be producing for hours and hours if your project/story isn't really serious. Since I'm a bit of perfectionist, I like that my music is obviously perfect and that's why I don't want to spend a lot of hours on your project if you don't take it a bit serious. This isn't to sound as a douchebag or what not, it's simply just an overall better experience for you and me. In return, you're guaranteed me focusing extremely much on the music for your project/story.

You can listen to some of my current projects here:
http://soundcloud.com/MathiasGebuhr

The projects on my SoundCloud are started just recently. I'd recommend listening to "Sound of Melancholia" first.
"Ambient" is a track that would fit very well in a horror game - maybe walking down corridors or through a tunnel.

It should also be said, that these demos/samples you hear is played directly live and that might be why some of them might sound a bit off tempo sometimes. That will of course not occur when the works/projects/tracks are done.

Feedback is HIGHLY appreciated!

If you're interested, please leave a reply to this topic or send me a personal message here at the forums.

Thanks,
Mathias
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 06:51 PM by Mathiasz.)
06-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: Musician / Composer For Hire!

Youve done this with fl studio,havent you?

Voice actor

Painful shadows

06-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Website Find
Mathiasz Offline

(06-07-2012, 04:14 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Youve done this with fl studio,havent you?

That is correct!
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 04:55 PM by Mathiasz.)
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Not bad; I like Sound of Melancholia. Though I find the tracks to lack subtlety and flavor in general. They have very minimal use of dynamics and the themes are not really developed that much.
06-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Mathiasz Offline

(06-07-2012, 05:40 PM)Bridge Wrote: Not bad; I like Sound of Melancholia. Though I find the tracks to lack subtlety and flavor in general. They have very minimal use of dynamics and the themes are not really developed that much.

Thank you, Bridge!
Actually, I shortened all of the tracks a bit to not reveal the full "version" of them yet.

"Sound of Melacholia" is the best so far in my opinion.
That's also the one I've worked on the most. All these projects were started not even 2 weeks ago.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 05:47 PM by Mathiasz.)
06-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Website Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

I really love these kind of tracks. They keep me in focus and really forces me to reflect upon my life, as what's to come and what i've done so far. And I can't but to ask you, is there anywhere i could download these? I know they're recently made but... god! i these angel made tracks so badly.

And even though bridge have a valid point i do not agree to the fullest. I do think that the tracks themself have a perfcet balance of subtlery and flavor. But hay, i'm not to juge. I respect his opinion as i hope anyone els respects mine.

Take care man, and please never stop making this beautiful music,
Trollox.
06-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
Mathiasz Offline

(06-07-2012, 06:28 PM)trollox Wrote: I really love these kind of tracks. They keep me in focus and really forces me to reflect upon my life, as what's to come and what i've done so far. And I can't but to ask you, is there anywhere i could download these? I know they're recently made but... god! i these angel made tracks so badly.

And even though bridge have a valid point i do not agree to the fullest. I do think that the tracks themself have a perfcet balance of subtlery and flavor. But hay, i'm not to juge. I respect his opinion as i hope anyone els respects mine.

Take care man, and please never stop making this beautiful music,
Trollox.

Thank you for that amazing reply, sir!

I really do appreciate it. Whenever these are done, which should hopefully be soon, I will for sure put them on YouTube aswell and provide a download link. I'll let you know!

Since I love music and I love creating music, I think it would be a challenge for me to compose something for a movie or a game. I'd love to try it out.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 06:46 PM by Mathiasz.)
06-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Website Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

I listened to your soundtracks and God... they are beautiful.
06-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Find
Mathiasz Offline

(06-08-2012, 06:38 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: I listened to your soundtracks and God... they are beautiful.

Thank you!
I really appreciate it.

You can find my music here:
http://soundcloud.com/MathiasGebuhr
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012, 07:50 AM by Mathiasz.)
06-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Your work is great to say the least, definitely one of the best composers I've seen on this forum. With that said though, I think there is some room for improvement, mainly what Bridge brought up.

Posting Freak
06-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Website Find