Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Releasing maps for others' custom stories?
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13
Releasing maps for others' custom stories?

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to make this thread, given no one seems to have brought it up before.

I'm a musician first, and a game modder second. That said, I have tried to make custom stories of my own, but the biggest thing preventing me from finishing a custom story, other than a lack of story ideas, is the amount of commitment required to make a level. The only two things I consider myself good at where the mapping is concerned is the lighting and the scripting.

So, my question is, has anyone considered making maps for others to use for their own stories? Not the scripting, just a .map file. I seriously doubt I'm the only one with this issue.

06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Releasing maps for others' custom stories?

(06-14-2012, 01:54 PM)SgtYayap Wrote: Out of sheer boredom, I decided to make this thread, given no one seems to have brought it up before.

I'm a musician first, and a game modder second. That said, I have tried to make custom stories of my own, but the biggest thing preventing me from finishing a custom story, other than a lack of story ideas, is the amount of commitment required to make a level. The only two things I consider myself good at where the mapping is concerned is the lighting and the scripting.

So, my question is, has anyone considered making maps for others to use for their own stories? Not the scripting, just a .map file. I seriously doubt I'm the only one with this issue.
i have a few ones hanging around, though i can make more, and upload them if there is interest

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Find