Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Work in progress Case 10-00: Murderous Mansion (Canceled)
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
Case 10-00: Murderous Mansion (Canceled)

[Image: case1000banner1.jpg]

Case 10-00: Murderous Mansion
Are YOU ready to solve the case?

The Case: You are a detective named Leo, who is one of the top detectives in your town and has heard about "Case 10-00", an unsolved case in the B.B.P.D. It has yet to be solved and, as a matter of fact, it's being discussed about whether to abandon the case, or to send in more Officers, or even just a solo man, to check out the Mansion.

However... while at work, you saw on your desk, a paper. That paper... is the case, and you were chosen to solve it. On your own. With no backup or help.

Intro: *UPDATE 8/4: Intro changed.*

"So what do you think we should do with the case, sir?"

"Hmm, I really don't know. It's too risky to send in more Officers to the Mansion. We've already lost three men, we can't afford to lose more."

"Yeah. They've been MIA for the last month, sir. We've tried making contact, but it was no use."

"We also can't let ANYONE else know about this case. It's too dangerous and I don't want someone to attempt to solve this case on their own."

"May I suggest something?"

"Spit it out, Sergeant."

"Even though you said it's too risky to send in anymore Officers, and you don't want anyone to attempt to solve this case alone, why don't we send our special detective?"

"Scott, are you nuts? You're talking about Detective Leo, correct?"

"Correct. Sir, he is one of the top detectives in our town! He can do ANY job, on his own. He doesn't need backup nor will he need any help. Matter of fact, he hasn't had a case to solve in a while. Why not him? I'm sure he's up to it!"

"Scott, I think I made myself clear. We are NOT sending in anymore people in that Mansion, even less, alone. We're especially not sending in Leo, ether. Like you said, he's the top detective in our town. We cannot risk losing him. It'll be a huge loss"

" *Sigh* Then I don't know what else then, sir. We cannot just abandon this case! Anyway, I think this conversation is done."

"Scott! Don't you..."

"Captain, this is all on you. It's your decision. We can ether send in Leo, or we can abandon this case. Keep in mind, we've never abandoned a case. You really want to start now?"

".......I'll think about it."

"Good."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case 10-00: Murderous Mansion is a Full Conversion that'll contain:
  • Voice Acting (in fact, the discussion above is going to be voice acted. It's the beginning of the story.)
  • Custom Models (Both custom models and original models from Amnesia.)
  • Flashlight instead of Lantern (Since Officers usually have flashlights with them (including investigators/detectives) so it makes perfect sense.)
  • Custom Music (Both custom music and original music from Amnesia.)
  • Different Endings (I'm thinking of two, but there can possibly be more. Still need to think them through.)
  • Magnifying Glass (A custom model, but it deserves to be talked about). I will be doing something unique with this. Not to mention magnifying glasses are used to look through evidence... (*hint*)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Info.
  • If you do not know, 10-00, in police code terms, means "Officer Down!".
  • You'll know more about the case when this is out (Don't want to spoil TOO much;Hence because the case is pretty much the story itself)
  • I've been working on it for a couple of months already, so some maps are ether already done, or being improved on. I got about 8 maps done and/or working on.
  • I don't know yet if I'll release a demo (probably not; again, I don't want to spoil it too much.) But I do want to release a trailer, however, I'm not good at making trailers, so no promises.
  • Everything still has a chance of being changed (By this I mean the story, name of this full conversion, etc.)
  • No release date is planned nor will there ever will be (unless I'm 100% sure, which usually I'm not. Anything can go wrong. I don't want to be held against something I'm not even sure of. But I can tell you it won't be out 'till a couple of months. However, if I do plan a release date or have an estimate of when it can possibly be released, I'll inform you all.)
  • I'll need some voice actors, but not right now, as I'm still working on the maps, scripts, and story line. Once I get those done, then I'll be able to focus on voice acting. Because I don't want to bother the voice actors if I changed something and need them to say the line again.
Pics will be in a separate post. Please wait.

[Image: amnesia2012061710571473.png]
[Image: amnesia2012061711055062.png]
[Image: amnesia2012061711072725.png]

This is a Safe Room that'll save your game and boost your sanity and health a bit. It's located on the second door on your left once you enter the mansion. You will ONLY be able to save by this area and using the "Investigate Later" (Save & Exit) selection on the pause menu. Seems a bit useless to have this room if you can just save by using the pause screen, but I didn't want to make it too hard. However, all of this is still being considered. I may or may not remove the saving option when you pause the game. We'll see.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012, 12:31 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Case 10-00: Murderous Mansion

Cool. Sounds great, don't rush it and good luck Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
06-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(06-18-2012, 12:57 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Cool. Sounds great, don't rush it and good luck Smile
Thank you. I won't rush it; Like I said, it's going to be months before this is even out Smile.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 02:16 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
06-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Those custom tree/bush models in the 2nd screenshot are beautiful :o

I don't really care for Tanshaydar's flashlight though; the fingers are so jagged and blocky. The only thing I like about it is that the pointlight connected to it is so small it only lights up about half your screen, which is good for horror Tongue

Overall, looking forward to a new story, glad to see people are starting to stray from the generic Amnesia premise.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(06-18-2012, 02:29 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Those custom tree/bush models in the 2nd screenshot are beautiful :o

I don't really care for Tanshaydar's flashlight though; the fingers are so jagged and blocky. The only thing I like about it is that the pointlight connected to it is so small it only lights up about half your screen, which is good for horror Tongue

Overall, looking forward to a new story, glad to see people are starting to stray from the generic Amnesia premise.
Yeah, those trees are really beautiful. I got it from a pack that somebody made a while back and is pretty much not noticed anymore, as the thread he made is a old. I think it's called the AciesModelPack?

Haha actually, I just realized that xD the fingers really are blocky and all, but it's still good enough for use! :p And yes, good for horror. I actually hated using the flashlight on some mods because it makes everything scarier xD due to a small amount of light.

Thank you Smile
06-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I am always happy to see som originality. My only concern for this is how you implement a flashlight in 1800s interior. Having a flashlight in the original amnesia walls and textures throws me off a bit.
06-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(06-18-2012, 03:13 AM)Statyk Wrote: I am always happy to see som originality. My only concern for this is how you implement a flashlight in 1800s interior. Having a flashlight in the original amnesia walls and textures throws me off a bit.
This isn't really implemented in the 1800s. It's an old mansion, hence, it has old textures and walls..
06-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

ModDB Page is now up and running. Make sure to check daily for any news/updates and new addons (like pictures/videos)!
06-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Xvideogamer720X Wrote:Magnifying Glass (A custom model, but it deserves to be
talked about). I will be doing something unique with this. Not to
mention magnifying glasses are used to look through evidence... (*hint*)

Oh, so this is turning into Ace Attorney?

Just kidding. Looks really good Smile

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 04:16 AM by RawkBandMan.)
06-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(06-20-2012, 04:16 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
Xvideogamer720X Wrote:Magnifying Glass (A custom model, but it deserves to be
talked about). I will be doing something unique with this. Not to
mention magnifying glasses are used to look through evidence... (*hint*)
Oh, so this is turning into Ace Attorney?

Just kidding. Looks really good Smile

Lol :p thanks! Smile
06-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Find