Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple HPL editor help?
lbrosious96 Offline

Threads: 4
Wink  Simple HPL editor help?

I have been using the HPL Editor for about 2 weeks, and I know my way around it fairly well.But i ran into an issue. I made a huge room, with some fog and (heres the issue) 58 bookshelves with about 50 objects (books) on each. OBVIOUSLY this is a huge load on the CPU (physics) and what not. I manually placed the first bookcase and all the books, and selected (shift+click) everything and duplicated it, then duplicated those two etc till I filled my room, like a library. This is the look I want, its perfect, but I cant (no one can) handle the CPU load on a 4ghz quad core.

And it isnt my system, that is paired with a GTX 570

So My question is: Is there a way to either:

somehow get a bookcase online with all books already there as one object, ready to import?

or

Combine the selected entities into a single object (like on MS Publisher...weird reference, i know)

the second logically seems like it should be possible, although the first seems like the best option, but i dont know where to find, or where to begin looking for one. Any imput will be greatly apreciated Smile
06-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Simple HPL editor help?

Just use "book_row01,02,03" (Entities -> Ornament). These books are static and you can place hundreds of them without causing troubles for your CPU. Mix them with a few books you can pick up and it should work pretty well.

[Image: 18694.png]
06-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Find