Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help hps scripting and .lang errors?
Lizard Offline

Threads: 23
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors?

just so that i understand you right. I could do this instead?

AddUseItemCallback("", "asItem","asEntity","UsedKeyOnDoor",true);

PS. I did not press enter. It goes to new line by it self

CURRENT PROJECT:
A Fathers Secret == Just started
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM by Lizard.)
07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7

(07-06-2012, 05:39 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: To my knowledge, you should never hit "enter" in the middle of a .lang entry; even for long journal entries, you can use [br] multiple times to get the same effect. I even checked the original game's .lang file; each journal entry is 1 enormous line. So long as you make sure "word wrap" is on, you can easily see all of it at once.
Hmm, interesting because in my custom story it seemed to work just fine, but oh well it wouldn't hurt to make the changes, better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the tip andyrockin123
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(07-06-2012, 05:40 PM)ZereboO Wrote: just so that i understand you right. I could do this instead?

You can't use asItem and asEntity to write the callback, only to use in the function. The name of the items/entities in the "AddUseItemCallback" is what lets the game know what you're putting in the function. If you put asItem/asEntity in the callback, the game won't know what you're talking about.

AddUseItemCallback(string& asName, string& asItem, string& asEntity, string& asFunction, bool abAutoDestroy);

When you replace the bolded text with the corresponding items for this callback, you can now use asItem/asEntity in the function and the game will recognize it as the item/entity you originally used in the callback.

So if you use "key" for the item in the callback, and you place asItem in the function, it will recognize it as "key".

I'm a bit new to using this idea, so forgive me if the explanation wasn't 100% clear.

I rate it 3 memes.
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Lizard Offline

Threads: 23

(07-06-2012, 05:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 05:40 PM)ZereboO Wrote: just so that i understand you right. I could do this instead?

You can't use asItem and asEntity to write the callback, only to use in the function. The name of the items/entities in the "AddUseItemCallback" is what lets the game know what you're putting in the function. If you put asItem/asEntity in the callback, the game won't know what you're talking about.

AddUseItemCallback(string& asName, string& asItem, string& asEntity, string& asFunction, bool abAutoDestroy);

When you replace the bolded text with the corresponding items for this callback, you can now use asItem/asEntity in the function and the game will recognize it as the item/entity you originally used in the callback.

So if you use "key" for the item in the callback, and you place asItem in the function, it will recognize it as "key".

I'm a bit new to using this idea, so forgive me if the explanation wasn't 100% clear.

So instead of risking anything i think i'll use my old method, with just adding an extra o with every AddUseItemCallback

Thanks for the help guys

DAMN. No matter what i do, everytime i get to my fourth door, the games say that i cant use the key on the door.

This is starting to kill me Sad

CURRENT PROJECT:
A Fathers Secret == Just started
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 06:22 PM by Lizard.)
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Find