Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Forget Slender Man, what if BEN made it into Amnesia??????????
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
Forget Slender Man, what if BEN made it into Amnesia??????????

In case you don't know what I'm talking about...

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/BEN_(A...%27s_Mask)

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-ma...en-drowned
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 05:45 AM by GraphicsKid.)
07-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Forget Slender Man, what if BEN made it into Amnesia??????????

BEN is nothing compared to Slender Man!

.. and ben means leg in swedish xD

I can't belive i just took the time to read about BEN, i don't care much about it what ever you say Slender Man is more of a horror to me.

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM by MaZiCUT.)
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

I have 3 Bens then...

(sorry couldn't resist Tongue)
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Just read through the entire thing and watched the videos. I've never played Majora's Mask but from a standpoint, I think it's quite obvious that something fucked up was going on in the game. I don't know if it's real, but if it's fake, they did a damn good job at messing with game files and everything. Not quite sure about the Cleverbot thing. I wish he could've screen captured the thing >> So right now, I don't quite believe that part.

Honestly, I find this scarier than Slenderman. Slenderman is an obvious fictional person, but if this Ben thing is true... I think it's a little more personal. I'm almost inclined to go against Jadusable's words and use my youtube video converter to see if "Ben" will test me. IF it's real. lol

To fuck up a cartridge and screw with programming, textures, and words, is quite interesting. I'm inspired by it and have even enjoyed watching some of the tactics game programmers use to fight pirated games. (Earthbound for example, reads if it is pirated, and if it is, will freeze your game at the final boss, play a sound, and when you start it back up, all of your saves were deleted. Mirror's Edge will slow your player down as you approach some jump areas, preventing you from progressing) This "cartridge" COULD in fact have been an emulator, which could be easier to mess with than a cartridge, so that will forever be unexplainable unless jadusable can come back and confirm it with everyone.

Definitely an interesting thing, thanks for sharing! =]
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0

(07-12-2012, 05:26 PM)Statyk Wrote: Just read through the entire thing and watched the videos. I've never played Majora's Mask but from a standpoint, I think it's quite obvious that something fucked up was going on in the game. I don't know if it's real, but if it's fake, they did a damn good job at messing with game files and everything. Not quite sure about the Cleverbot thing. I wish he could've screen captured the thing >> So right now, I don't quite believe that part.

Honestly, I find this scarier than Slenderman. Slenderman is an obvious fictional person, but if this Ben thing is true... I think it's a little more personal. I'm almost inclined to go against Jadusable's words and use my youtube video converter to see if "Ben" will test me. IF it's real. lol

To fuck up a cartridge and screw with programming, textures, and words, is quite interesting. I'm inspired by it and have even enjoyed watching some of the tactics game programmers use to fight pirated games. (Earthbound for example, reads if it is pirated, and if it is, will freeze your game at the final boss, play a sound, and when you start it back up, all of your saves were deleted. Mirror's Edge will slow your player down as you approach some jump areas, preventing you from progressing) This "cartridge" COULD in fact have been an emulator, which could be easier to mess with than a cartridge, so that will forever be unexplainable unless jadusable can come back and confirm it with everyone.

Definitely an interesting thing, thanks for sharing! =]

It's fake. He actually is using an emulator and ROM. With these, it's very easy to screw around with the game using cheat codes. In fact, lots of things seen in the video are listed here. Like, for example, there's codes for setting link on fire, electrocuting him, and even making the text appear screwed up.

"Marzipan, darling."
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(07-12-2012, 09:56 PM)Zaari Wrote: It's fake. He actually is using an emulator and ROM. With these, it's very easy to screw around with the game using cheat codes. In fact, lots of things seen in the video are listed here. Like, for example, there's codes for setting link on fire, electrocuting him, and even making the text appear screwed up.
Haha, I found out about 20min after posting that that he posted a video saying it was fake. Though I still find his effort really honorable and it was STILL quite interesting =]
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I read the story, but I am too afraid to watch the videos... I heard of BEN ages before Slendy, and I was younger when I read BEN, so I'd say BEN was scarier than Slender Man.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yeeeees, what if..

[Image: portraiture_of_gaben_by_unidcolor-d4ahlim.jpg]
07-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Find