Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

SPOILERS. i just realized what the end of the game means
Snake022 Offline

Threads: 1
SPOILERS. i just realized what the end of the game means

here is the thing
Spoiler below!
ok, i just realized what the ending means. some people may think, Philip betrayed the tuurngate, and that he is a plain ass. i think the opposite is true. he is almost a martyr if you think about it. he said he would not make the same mistake as his father. the thing is, his father sent him a letter, to destroy all evidence of the base, just like Philip was told to do by the hive mind. but the thing he realized, and the hive mind knew it as well, is that Philip is not like other humans. Philip is at first, but as he ventured deeper into the cave, he changed. when he got the letter, he did what anyone would have done, he went and investigated, he gave in to human nature. because of that, he discovered a secret that no one would ever want to know. just like his father, he passes the tests, and was given the job to make sure the base never existed. but look at what happened, Philip got the letter, and he went to investigate, its human nature, we cant help it. if he was to send a message out, and tell someone to destroy the evidence, whats to say that they would not make the same mistake he did.... remember... "do not make the same mistake i did". and even if they were to not make the same mistake, what is to say that the cave would not be found out again. and human nature would repeat itself. Philip new this. and what would be the only way to prevent that from ever happening? to destroy everything, Tuurngate included. its not because he is an asshole. he is the opposite, he did what was best for mankind. because if the tuurngate dosent exist, it cant ever be tampered with because humans are the ones that released it, and if he just buries it, what if they dig it back up again. he is almost a god in my eyes, he died so that all of us could live, and no more lives would be lost.
i hope that clears up a lot of confusion for you guys, what do you think
02-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: SPOILERS. i just realized what the end of the game means

I reckon you got it pretty good, but i'm not sure he's such an 'ass.' lol.

Not an image
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Ass is also a donkey. Wink:

Ass = Donkey
Donkey = Ass

It means the same.
I had an fight with a teacher in a school that does 'ass' mean an donkey and she said that: 'No! Ass is not the same as donkey!'

And I was like: 'Oh, yeah it is...'
Well, she was wrong! Big Grin:

02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

but he did say something that he will do as the tuurngate wanted, then he added "I lied".
gave the location, then said to kill them all.
His father apparently didn't kill the evidence, that's what Philip meant I'm sure, that he won't make the same mistake his father made.
02-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

(02-26-2009, 05:01 PM)Scraper Wrote: Ass is also a donkey. Wink:

Ass = Donkey
Donkey = Ass

It means the same.
I had an fight with a teacher in a school that does 'ass' mean an donkey and she said that: 'No! Ass is not the same as donkey!'

And I was like: 'Oh, yeah it is...'
Well, she was wrong! Big Grin:

I know that! Big Grin: i'm saying that , you don't see a donkey fixing up comouters or wielding a pick axe.
Or a brit being called an ass, it's actually "Arse." so if anything, the pom (sorry, aussie slang.. means "Prisoner Of Mother england.) the pom would be an "arsehole"

lol, i love speaking about the spelling of rude words Tongue:

Not an image
02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Wow, your teacher didn't know what ass meant? I'm hoping it was a Math teacher you were debating with and not an English teacher.

But back on topic, I do think that was a big portion of Philip's motivation to kill the Tuurngait--to help make sure that the whole thing gets laid to rest once and for all. But I do think that, having gone through all of that crap with the infected, whether they have no legs, two, four, or eight, Philip wanted to get his vengeance. Not that I blame him.

And here's another thought--does the person on the receiving end of his email do as Philip wishes? How does the other guy respond to the email? I mean, who would believe Philip was telling the truth about all those outrageous things? I can't help but wonder whether or not the place gets "cleansed", or if the guy either pulls a Philip and investigates himself, or if he just ignores it.

And just how big a gun would you need to kill a frikkin' rock worm?

03-01-2009, 03:18 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

It WAS an english. xD

03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Website Find