Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help with script!
Scupp Offline

Threads: 5
I need help with script!

How can I make script that does something when I have certain items on inventory and certain entities on the floor. In my case I have hammer and saw in my inventory and there's three planks on the floor. My goal is that I can make the items and planks disappear when I click broken ladders on the floor. I made script to that how I bring planks there:

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("lauta", "lauta_area", "lauta", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("lauta2", "lauta_area", "lauta2", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("lauta3", "lauta_area", "lauta3", true, 1);
}
void lauta(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
if(alState == 1)
{
PlayMusic("impact_wood_low2.ogg", false, 150.00, 0, 0, true);
SetEntityActive("lauta_1", true);
SetEntityActive("lauta", false);
SetEntityActive("lauta_2", true);
SetEntityActive("lauta2", false);
}
}
void lauta2(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
if(alState == 1)
{
PlayMusic("impact_wood_heavy_low2.ogg", false, 150.00, 0, 0, true);
SetEntityActive("lauta_2", true);
SetEntityActive("lauta2", false);
}
}
void lauta3(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
if(alState == 1)
{
PlayMusic("impact_wood_heavy_low2.ogg", false, 150.00, 0, 0, true);
SetEntityActive("lauta_3", true);
SetEntityActive("lauta3", false);
}
}

So my problem is now that how can I make any entity clickable so there would be that hand icon and how can I make it do something. I know this might be really hard to imagine without map file but could someone tell me what should I do? I have just learned basics of scripting and this might be kinda early to ask something like this but I could really learn a lot if someone helps me with this. Smile I attach a image here if that helps any...
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: I need help with script!

Moved to development support.
07-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

To make an entity "clickable" you can use SetEntityInteractionDisabled. Then SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback should work. However, why not make it so the hammer or saw can be used on the planks?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Website Find
Scupp Offline

Threads: 5

(07-16-2012, 08:22 PM)Your Computer Wrote: To make an entity "clickable" you can use SetEntityInteractionDisabled. Then SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback should work. However, why not make it so the hammer or saw can be used on the planks?
I tried that SetEntityInteractionDisabled but somehow I can't make it "clickable"... Could it be that I'm too newbie for this kind of stuff still. By the way I have watched some of your youtube tutorials and I want to thank you about those! That's were I got all started. Smile I guess I should now watch that your scripting basics video carefully because I needed some more newbie info first lol. Just wondering if you aren't too busy could you help me with scripting maybe?
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Find