Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Download Help
Hende Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Story Download Help

I have downloaded 2 new custom maps, restarted my computer and I still cannot find a way to solve this.

I simply cannot play custom stories, I have downloaded them the correct way from modDB and using 7zip to place them into the custom_story file, am I doing something wrong? Please leave any info below, and any questions please leave them below. Thanks.
07-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Custom Story Download Help

What custom stories are you trying to install?

Posting Freak
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Website Find
Hende Offline

Threads: 1

lacaza and darkroom, they are very popular stories
07-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The reason La Caza doesn't work is because it's a full conversion so you have to install it a different way than you would with normal custom stories. With Dark Room, the way it's set up installing it is a lot more complicated then it should be. Go into the main Dark Room folder and you'll see a bunch of folders inside of it, such as billboards, entities, etc. You have to move each of these folders to the folder in the Redist folder with the same name (for example, move darkroom/billboards into redist/billboards). That one's kind of hard to explain, I believe there's a readme file included so if you just look at that it might give you a better explanation.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012, 05:32 AM by Kman.)
07-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Website Find