Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]

(09-03-2012, 03:09 PM)AgustinCordes Wrote: Just a quick comment about the teaser:

The controls may suck on certain computers, as in feeling way too slow. We're working on a fix. Asylum is supposed to have a quick and smooth pacing.

Remember this teaser is still an early build of the game and there are many rough edges we need to polish. Stay tuned for news! Smile
So you're the mastermind behind "Asylum". I have to say, the controls are a little too slow. And when I set the control type to "Fixed", the vision jumped even when I barely moved the mouse by an inch.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

the control problem is that the game only recognize a camera rotation when you move the mouse almost to the border of the screen. And then it is rotating very quickly.
It would be better, if the game will reagize much sooner to mouse movements, but then slower.
Sooner and slower.

It was the first time I played a point n click game. You need a lot of time to feel familiar with the controls. I still would prefer a freely 3D movement, not to click on a static position. But OK, it's like the game wants...

But as Augustin said, it's only an early build, just made for a teaser.
I think, the final game will feel much more familiar.

There will be also real puzzles?
I just picked up a key and open a door (it opened automatically when having the key). I mean, waht about tricky, thinking puzzles?
09-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I've bumped into an easter egg. The character makes a remark at the

Spoiler below!

Collapsed Hallway with the tree.
The character says something like "It looks like this is an artificial obstacle created by the designers to prevent me from going further into the asylum. Those bastards..."

Had a great laugh afterwards.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Website Find
AgustinCordes Offline

Threads: 0

Of course, you guys can expect "proper" puzzles in the actual game. This teaser was intended as a tutorial of sorts so the key puzzle is rudimentary. In fact, you rarely need to use keys in the full game. Puzzles will be varied and will require your observation and deduction skills rather than "tricky" interactions.
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-04-2012, 07:23 PM)AgustinCordes Wrote: Of course, you guys can expect "proper" puzzles in the actual game. This teaser was intended as a tutorial of sorts so the key puzzle is rudimentary. In fact, you rarely need to use keys in the full game. Puzzles will be varied and will require your observation and deduction skills rather than "tricky" interactions.
Noticed that, took me 4 minutes to see the keys. Then I learnt to "observe".

Any chances for another teaser or something?

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM by Robby.)
09-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Website Find
AgustinCordes Offline

No, I don't think so. We really need to focus on finishing the game now. Of course there will be a full demo, and it will be a lengthy one.

That said, we're planning to update this teaser with fixes and improvements, and maybe even a couple of surprises Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 02:09 AM by AgustinCordes.)
09-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-05-2012, 02:09 AM)AgustinCordes Wrote: No, I don't think so. We really need to focus on finishing the game now. Of course there will be a full demo, and it will be a lengthy one.

That said, we're planning to update this teaser with fixes and improvements, and maybe even a couple of surprises Wink
Good news. Like I said, the movement was a little slow, but it sure introduced me nicely to the controls.

But I don't know, but if I use "fixed" mode in the config file, the view jumps when I barely move the mouse. Like it moves a lot when I barely move the mouse.

Maybe not the best place to post this, but you happen to come along here as well.

Anyway on with the game: My first reaction when I got to play was that the world was dark, and creepy. And the further I went the creepier it seemed to get. I can't be scared that easily (jumpscares make me chuckle) but this creeped me out, especially
Spoiler below!
the patient wing

This will be a great game if everything will be properly implemented.

09-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Website Find
AgustinCordes Offline

Hi again, folks! We're trying to get Asylum greenlighted on Steam, and we could use a hand. If you liked what you saw in the teaser, please consider voting us:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...d=95795715

Thanks for all the support!
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 02:49 PM by AgustinCordes.)
09-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

It's just a bunch of jump scares
09-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Website Find
Dave Hopman Offline

Threads: 1
Exclamation  Asylum Kickstarter!

Hi everyone,

As the subject already says, Senscape is doing a kickstarter for Asylum, because they want to be able to release it sooner (december 2013).

You can find it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agus...the-horror

I've already pledged, if you liked the trailer and teaser demo, please consider pledging too. I'm convinced, that this is going to be a great horror gameExclamation

p.s: I'm sorry if you consider this spamming, that's not my intention.
01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Find